12

I woke from knocking on the door. Once I heard it, I immediately sat and looked around. Sun was already peeking from the windows. I didn't see Julian any around. He wasn't in the room.

When I heard the knocking again, I jumped from my bed and pulled on a shirt and ran to the door. When I opened them, behind them I saw a royal mailman. He wore a blue uniform and was around my height. He said his hello's and started speaking.

"You're inviting to a picnic with The Count and Countess. This afternoon.." while he was talking I felt someone approach from behind. Both of us listened to the mailman's message and closed the door. Julian spoke up.

"Day seems hot. Maybe it's worth a shot.. But I'd love it more if it would've been only me and you" he hugged me and nibbled my neck.

"Same here, actually. But I'm actually interested how Nadia made Lucio accept. He doesn't even leave the palace. I wonder what he's going to do there, haha".

Julian laughed out and let me go. He walked off. His white shirt was puffy and he slightly looked like a swan from behind. I chuckled to myself.

In a couple of hours we were ready. We didn't pick anything fancy or something. Food, clothes and a tent. After an hour or two all of us were walking through a forest. Julian led the way, I was holding his arm, Nadia laughed and Lucio (all I heard) was complaining.

After some time we reached our camping spot. Me and Julian quickly picked out a spot near the forest (because the spot was like a plain little field with a lake surrounded by forest) and built our tent.  Lucio and Nadia did the same. Soon a campfire appeared with a pot of water on top. Nadia pulled out a mat and started sunbathing. I jumped to the tent, changed my clothes and ran straightly to the lake.

That lovely chill covered my body. It was amazing after a hot day. I found a rock with my legs and stepped on it and came to the surface. I laughed to myself and turned around. Water was running down my face and I was smiling. Half of my body was taken over by hotness, and the other part by coldness. I looked to the surface and saw Nadi, resting on her elbows. She was watching the lake. I suddenly felt water currents near my ankles and flinched. Quickly jumped when I finally understood what that was. I swum to a shallower part of the lake and turned around. Water here was reaching my chest (while I was sitting). The thing that made those currents also dived out and leaned over me. Water was dripping from his wet hair. I chuckled, and he smirked.

"I didn't knew that you were such a good swimmer" Julian said.

"And I didn't knew that you look like a shark under the water" I smirked.

"Am I really that terrifying?" he asked and acted sad. I chuckled.

"No. You're one of the most beautiful people I've ever met".

"Well then, let it be"Julian said leaning over me once again.

"Hey, you, lovebirds! Stop burking over there! You're not the only ones here" we heard a jealous voice of Lucio's.

"Go do loevbird stuff with Nadia" Julian replied laughing. I couldn't hold a laugh either. Lucio only muttered something and dived. Nadia got up to walk on the water. Julian slightly rised, and while he did that, something grabbed my leg and pulled me out. When it let go, I saw Lucio. He was smirking.

"I saw you're pretty good at diving, witch. But are you better than me?"

My competition feeling woke up. I straightened.

"I have no doubt that I am" I smirked looking at him. I think his self-love got hurt.

"Wanna race?" Lucio straightened also. Julian approached from my back. He heard about the race.

We picked a stone from where to start. Julian whistled and we dived to the deep. It was colder there, from there we could easier see the person we're racing with. I saw Lucio for some time with the corner of my eye, but soon he was gone from my eyesight.

Soon, I reached the surface. I looked around. Lucio was a meter behind me. A victorious grin appeared on my face. But I had to get out of the water-the water became colder, the air was colder either. When I got out, Julian covered me with a warm towel. I felt like a princess.

After some time it was totally dark. I wore a simple pair of pants and a shirt, and Julian kept me covered in his cloak. His hair was still wet, so when he laid down I started making hairstyles for him. He didn't say anything, only smiled and listened to Nadia's and Lucio's comments.

Lucio, of course was wrapped in his royal robes. His cloak with ermine's fur, light shirt and pants. Nadi was more ready for this: simple pants, shirt and a thin sweater.

"No, with this he looks like from The Court" Nadi threw when I combed his hair back.

"And with this he looks foreign" Lucio said when I slided his hair to the side.

"Lucio, let's not forget that I am actually foreign" Julian answered. I chuckled along with Nadia. Lucio was annoyed. After that, we cooked some meat and potatoes on the fire, boiled some tea. We talked some more, and suddenly Lucio stood up. His red cape reflected the fire. He came next to me and sat and rested on my side. Julian stared at him aggresively, and Nadi laughed out. Julian found my thigh with one of his hands and pressed it, showing to Lucio, that he's in his territory. Lucio hesitated, but got up and walked back to Nadia. I chuckled. Julian sat up and hugged me from my side. Nadi put her head on Lucio's shoulder, and Lucio put his head on hers. They were so different but so similar at the same time..

We sat like that for some time, and soon decided to go to sleep. Julian covered the fireplace with dirt, we said our goodnights and went back to our tents. When Jules came back, I was already laying in the tent. He made quick work with his clothes and nested next to me, warming me up and calming himself. His arms soon found place on my side, and soon both of us were sleeping.