8

The darkness was gone when I opened my eyes once again. I weakly looked around-I was in some white room. With the corner of my eye I saw Nadi. She was worried. At least seemed worried. When she noticed me waking up.

"Who did it?" she immediatelly asked.

"I.. I don't know.." I answered quietly. "But it wasn't Devorak.. The one that attacked me, was shorter and had green eyes".

Nadi was staring at me. I tried to get out of the bed, but a sudden pain bir held me from doing that. I had to lay down again.

"Portia found you unconscious. And the knife you were attacked with..was from palace kitchen". Nadia sighed
I flinched. Who? Servants? Chef? Guards? I have no idea. I have no idea, who might I have offended.

"They were wearing usual clothes.. Not too fancy.. And escaped through the window".

"I'm so sorry, this happened to you. I should secure you more".

"I-It's okay, Nadia".

She left me to rest. I had to stay there for a couple days. After those, nurses came to change my bandages. While they did that, I looked at that wound:i t was sewn with black thread. And the wound itself was pretty large. After 2 days, I got a note that I'll be able to leave, because I felt so much better. The next day I was walking down the road to the shop. My side was still slightly hurting, but I..enjoyed it. When I opened the door I heard Asra gasp loudly. He quickly jumped to me.

"How are you?"

"Full of pain.." I answered. Asra was already making somekind of brew.

"You know, Julian was here" suddenly Asra said. "When?" I straightened.

"Two days ago maybe? He was worried, because he couldn't find you anywhere".

When Asra gave me the brew, I quickly gulped it down and left. Asra told me to be careful. I nodded and left.

After some blocks I turned to a narrow alley. I slowly and painfully climbed up the wall and rolled onto the roof. I sat and looked at the active marketplace streets. The view was pretty nice and calming. I crawled to the other side and sat. I bended too much, and pain cut through my side. I exhaled sharply. I decided to lay down, and the pain was gone. I stared at the sky until a husky thump reached my ears.

"I said, that you can't be left alone".

He came, carefully put my head on his legs. I pulled my legs closer and the pain was here again and it went through my face. Julian, of course,  noticed.

"Aren't you a masochist..?"

"Maybeee" my answer was long. He laughed gently.

"I rarely meet them. Most people I meet are sadists".

"O my" I chuckled.

"Show me the wound" suddenly Jules asked. I rested on my right shoulder and uncovered my left side. He got closer to it and examined it for a couple of minutes.

"The one that attacked you..definetly knew what they were doing. A couple centimeters lower and you'd bled to death in a couple of minutes. A scar will be.. Definetly".

"No" I said, when I saw him taking his glove off "Everything's okay".

He looked at me with a sceptical eye, but didn't fight. He sure wanted to lower my pain, but he respected me.

"I don't understand..who?"

"I don't know.. He was shorter than you, had green eyes".

Julian frowned. Then, he came back and put my head on his legs.

"After a couple of weeks it should heal. Drink herbal teas, they might reduce the healing process twice.. And do not run, nor climb the roofs. They won't help" Julian started sharing his medical experiences.
"Will do, doctor" and smiled with a chuckle. Then I took his hand and put it on my wound. At first he didn't get what I wanted, but soon did. His fingers started gently pressing around my wound. I started breathing sharper, and he, while widely grinning like a cheshire, spoke up.

"Yes, you're definetly a masochist.."

When evening started peeking out, we climbed down. Julian walked with me as close to the palace as he could, and when he let me go, I felt his eyes on my back until I walked through the gates. When I started walking through the bridge, Portia appeared and helped me. While walking she was asking how I feel. When we got to the doors, she looked around fearfuly.

"Lucio is alive. He would like to see you".

I flinched. What? Lucio burned. Five years ago. How..?

"Appearently, he fought" Portia said like she read my mind "And pushed his killer into the flames and ropes. And that means that Ilya is innocent!"

I was mindblown. Happiness went through my body like a wave. When we finally went through the doors, some servants came along and took our stuff. Portia said, they'll carry them to our rooms. I let Portia go.

"I can't go with you. Behind these doors, you'll meet the Count and the Countess".

"It's okay" I smiled. Suddenly, the doors opened and Portia jumped to the shadows. Behind those doors there were a giant room with red carpet in it. At the end of the carpet there were two thrones, and in both of them sat people. Count Lucio and Countess Nadia. I walked in worried. When I was a couple feet away, first question asked by Lucio schoked me.

"By my knowledge, you were stabbed. How are you feeling?"

"Better than before. Thank you for your caring, Count Lucio".

"Please, call me just Lucio" he grinned.
"As I remember" suddenly Nadia spoke "You asked, what would I do, if I knew that Julian Devorak was innocent, and I said, that I'll leave him alone. I did that. All the guards got notes to leave Julian alone".

"Thank you" I said and bowed.

"Go, get some rest" suddenly I heard Lucio. I nodded and quickly walked out. I was tired but happy. When I got to my room, I sat on my bed and looked at the wound and touched. A pinch of pain I felt was nice. After that I just put my head on the pillow and closed my eyes once again.