CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX
Elliot

Cold fresh air was exactly what I needed. I needed to clear my head, I had to stop thinking about her in her lacey white underwear if I had any hope of getting rid of the raging hard-on that was throbbing in my pants. I'd had it from the moment she asked me to take off her dress.
This wasn't like me. Frankie jeering at us just tipped me over the edge.
Taking a peek over my shoulder, I made sure Juliette hadn't disappeared out of sight as we rumbled through the city streets trying to find Frankie's favourite pool bar - Saxie's.
She was still there, laughing and joking with her boss at the back of our huddle, she caught me staring but didn't do anything about it. Looking at her only made the throbbing worse.
Maybe I'd overestimated the situation, maybe she was unaffected whilst I was there trying to get rid of the visions of all the things I could have done to her in that bathroom if we hadn't been interrupted.
I gave myself a shake, the unforgiving thoughts refusing to budge from my head as I trudged along next to my brother. I thought about pulling him to one side, finding out what he had learnt about Ashley Goulding in the time I'd spent in the bathroom stall with Juliette.
Frankie was too busy laughing and joking with the big woman named Carol and her date.
"So Carol, you just met Kevin tonight?" He asked her.
Carol was incredibly drunk, and Kevin seemed to be lapping it up like a dog. No doubt excited that he was going to be taking her home with him, if she didn't pass out first that was.
"Yeah, isn't he gorgeous!" Carol clumsily grabbed at Kevin's sleeve, losing her footing slightly as we crossed the road and stepped up on the curb.
Frankie shrugged at her like he wouldn't know if Kevin was gorgeous or not, and everyone except myself laughed. I just overtook him, eager to get to the next bar and get another drink down my neck.
Noticing my mood, he was quick to turn on his heels and stride up next to me. I braced myself for the irritation I knew was to follow.
"Hey there big bro." He poked a long index finger in my side, giving me a shit eating grin. "I see you've stolen my dance partner."
"No Frankie, she's not my type, dance with her all you want." I growled at him under my breath so only he can hear me. He found my temper amusing, as always.
"Why, because she doesn't look like Maya?"
I stopped dead in my tracks, the mention of her name making me feel sick to my stomach, a sinking feeling taking over my entire body. That certainly got rid of my erection.
I squinted my eyes at him, "Don't say her fucking name."
He held his hands up in response, as if it was some sort of surrender. I wanted to hit him square in his stupid fucking face, but we'd gained an audience, everyone had slowed down to see why we had stopped; Juliette was watching us intently.
"I'm sorry Elliot, I didn't think." He'd gone all pouty, like a little child who'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
Carol was too drunk to pick up on social queues. "Who's Maya?" She asked innocently, her words slurring out of her mouth.
I was trying not to see red, but controlling my temper was turning out harder than I needed it to be. "Just an ex." I ground out.

Nobody said another word until we got to Saxie's. When we were inside, I headed straight for the bar, not bothering to look behind me to see if anyone was keeping up. The place was pretty dead, as you would expect a pool and snooker bar to be on a Saturday night. The bar man cocked his brow at me as he cleaned a pint glass with an old rag of a cloth, "What can I get you?"
"Two whiskies, the best one you have." By the looks of the place, I knew the best was going to be average. "And a round of tequila shots." I added on for good measure.
When he racked up the first whisky, I threw it down my throat and slammed the empty glass down. Then did the same with the second glass.
"How many shots you want?" The bar man asked.
When I turned, Frankie and Kevin had caught up and joined me at the bar. The girls had gone to reserve a pool table in the back. "I'll take the bottle and six shot glasses."
"Somebody's here to party." Kevin pulled up the stool next to me and shot
  me a crooked smile. He looked like a sleazy salesman, and I was pretty sure the Rolex on his wrist was fake.
"Hey Joe, please will you start a tab." Frankie waved over at the bar man, "I'll take a lager for myself and my good friend Kevin over there, when you get a sec." He gave Frankie a nod and headed off to get our drinks.
Leaning up against the bar, Frankie picked up a coaster and began to annoyingly tap it against the sticky tabletop. "Look El, I really am sorry about bringing up Maya I-"
"Shut it Frankie." I cut him off, grinding my teeth together to the point I thought they might turn to dust.
"I know its raw right now, I just thought-"
"You don't think, that's the problem. I'm over Maya. End of story."
Frankie let out a sigh, before he could say anything else on the matter, Bar Man Joe returned with a large bottle of tequila. Grabbing the bottle from him, I gave him a fake smile and turned my back on all of them.
" Add this and the whiskey to my brothers tab." I held up the bottle of tequila like a trophy. "Bring the glasses when you come over." I call over my shoulder to Frankie, dodging Kevin's outstretched leg and heading in the general direction of where I could hear the girls laughing in the distance.