Escalated Awkwardness....

(Donatello POV)

I was hurt. No! It couldn't be happening again! Not like this! Not gone again! My mind was so jumbled I couldn't figure out what to do. I couldn't think straight, see straight. It was all a blur, and that's because I probably started crying.

Holding Julie close seemed like hours, like it was underwater, but I knew it was only minutes. And that was long enough to make my brain work again and moved her head to the side and starting CPR.

Her fur squelched out water with each pump. I couldn't stand this... Not Julie... Not again... I grit my teeth and leaned down, giving her the few breaths before pumping down on her chest again. I could feel my own heart quicken as if it were trying to help hers start again.

"Come on..!" I grit my teeth, giving her some breaths again.

Finally, she sputtered out water into my own mouth and I backed up, shocked, spitting the water out. I looked at her as she tried curling up, but her weak body didn't want her to. Her jaw hardened then she looked at me, dripping wet and put the pieces together.

"Did you kiss me?!" she hissed, tail raising barely an inch off the ground only to fall in a wet heap back down on the concrete.

"Nonononononononono," I said quickly, flailing my hands in front of me. "No..! Just giving you CPR..."

Julie grumbled and tried sitting up. I helped her and she sighed, looking helpless. "Stupid fur just soaked up all the water and it got too heavy for me..."

"Maybe we can find a way to thin it out...?" I offered softly. She glared at me and I looked down embarrassed.

"I guess it would work..." she sighed though, letting her head fall back on my arm. "But... How did I get here...?"

"You don't remember..?" I asked softly. She shook her head and I blinked, slightly shocked.

Perhaps her memory wanted to come back, but her body wouldn't allow it. Like from what I heard from Naomi, it's what she went through. From fighting Raph. But she remembered when she mutated back... Julie's mutated, but doesn't remember. Was there another way to make her remember...?

"Earth to Donatello," Julie's voice knocked me out of my thoughts. A hand waved in front of my face and I shook my head, looking at her. Her brown eyes were weak and worried. "Can we go back now so I can start blow drying this fur..?"

I nodded and put a hand under her neck and in the crook of her knees. I almost stumbled from both her weight and the water on the concrete and almost fell back in the water. Julie felt the wobble and clung tight. And I mean tight. Carrying her to a sidewalk, we slowly made our way to a nearby manhole cover.

"I-I can slide down on my own...." she muttered softly, loosing her grip a little.

"You sure?" I asked, moving the cover with my foot. She nodded and I crouched down so she can grip the ladder railings better and literally slid down. Not took rung for rung, but placed her feet and hands on the railings and slid. I smiled softly and followed after her, stopping to close the cover back up.

"So, where now?" she asked, looking at me. Some parts of her fur were still dripping wet and I could see the weakness in her eyes. I even saw the blood still trickling down from her injury. I'd have to patch that up when we got home...

I lead the way for a while, but I noticed she could barely keep up so I walked back to her. "Put your arm over my shoulders."

"What?"

"Put your arm over my shoulders," I repeated.

Even though she glared softly, she didn't complain and did as I told her to do and I wrapped an arm around her side. Our walking went a little faster, but not by much. When we finally reached the lair, nobody was seen and I helped her to my lab.

"But my room's down the hall...!" she started.

"You have a cut on the back of your head. I need to bandage it," I answered, opening the lab door. Sure enough, Naomi was there, and Leo and Raph. Leo was bandaging Naomi's eye and Raph watching him. They had nearly an hour to do this and they're doing it now?

Raph and Naomi turned to look at us, but Leo made Naomi look at him again, his jaw hardening. Should I tell him I saw Sophie...? Naomi's uncovered eye glanced at me worried. I grit my teeth and set Julie beside Naomi, turning her around.

"Jeez..." Raph grumbled. "Have a nice swim?"

"Shut it, Raph..." I growled. "She fell in water and her fur got waterlogged."

"Need a hair dryer...?" Naomi asked softly.

Leo sighed. "Stop moving, Naomi."

Julie looked at the bandage that Leo was still trying to perfect and make sure it'd stay on, but the blood from the cut just didn't want to stop flowing.

I sighed, "You have to stitch the wound, Leo. It's the only way to stop the bleeding."

"Raph doesn't want me near Naomi with a needle..." He growled.

I looked at Raph while grabbing two stitching needles and thread along with antibiotics. He looked away, crossing his arms.

"I also thought it wasn't that bad of a cut..." Naomi chimed in.

Julie hadn't said anything and wa staring at the claw cuts, hurt. "What happened...?" We all looked at one another then at Julie. I think she got the point and she looked at her hands. "I couldn't've... No..."

"You were mad..." Naomi explained softly. "You couldn't control it..."

"Seriously don't move this time," Leo grit his teeth, patience wavering.

Naomi sighed and Raph was glaring at Leo, but I ignored them, trying my best not to hurt Julie but still stitch her wound up. She cringed every now and again, but after I was done, I put a bandage over it. When I was done, Leo had been done with Naomi and had left. She and Raph stayed behind to probably bother me.

"So how'd you fall?" Raph asked.

Julie shrugged. "I was running to Donnie for some answers of what happened but I slipped and fell in the water..."

I looked at her worried and sighed. Looking away, I sat down. Naomi looked away and flicked her tail. She got up and Raph came up beside her. They left and I was alone with Julie.

She stayed on the lab table, looking down and a little weak. I looked at her worried and came up by her. "You okay?"

Slowly, she nodded. "Yeah. But I can't believe I did that to Naomi...."

"She's had worse," I said, trying to make her feel better.

Her brown eyes met my red-brown ones and I blushed softly. She looked worried and it didn't seem like she'd snap anytime soon. Finally, she sighed and leaned over me and set her head on my chest. That made my face flush widely.

"Thanks for saving me...." she muttered softly. I blinked and patted her back. It was still wet and I was about to get to get a hair dryer when Naomi came in with one.

She plugged it in and dried Julie's fur while she started dozing on me.