I Trust Him

I woke up on Donnie. He was laid back against the table, completely asleep. I watched him for a few minutes before sitting up and stretching. My fur was warm and dry, which was really a relief, but I had a massive headache still. I just didn't want to tell anyone about the pain.

I got up off the table and looked at Donnie again. He had a hand where my head was and I could tell he was about to wake up. I was glad he rescued me. I thought he was just a scary mutant like Raph who just wanted to show me up with his smart ways... But he actually cared enough to pull me out of the water and give me CPR. Or kissing me...

My fur fluffed at the thought and I hissed at it. Donnie shuffled at my hiss and groaned a little tiredly and looked at me. "You up...?"

"No," I said sarcastically. "I'm a sleep walking zombie." And I put my hands up so my arms were straight like I was a walking undead fluff ball.

He smiled and sat up, stretching. "You fell asleep really quickly. And I forgot to ask, but do you have a headache..?"

I bit my lower lip and looked down, nodding. "Yeah...."

Donnie got off the lab table and went to a cabinet. He pulled out a few bottles, reading the labels before choosing the right one and then grabbing a small paper cup and filling it with water. He came back to me and handed me two pills and the cup. "Here you go."

I smiled, "Thanks," and swallowed some water before taking the pills. I swallowed them then drank the cup dry. He took the cup and threw it away for me. I outta say "what a gentlemen" but I thought better of it.

He sighed then looked at me, "You wanna walk around..?"

"Where?" I asked. "It's not by water, is it?"

He smiled softly and shook his head. "No. But you hungry?" I nodded as my stomach answered for me. He chuckled and grabbed his bo staff. "Let's go then."

"Lead the way," I smiled, swishing my tail.

Turning around, I noticed he blushed and led the way out of the lair. I followed him, curious, and we ended up going topside. He helped me up from the ladder and closed the manhole cover after me. I looked around the alley then continued following Donnie as he climbed up a fire escape and to the roofs.

"Why the roofs?" I asked.

"So nobody sees us," he answered, looking at me. I only nodded and continued to follow him. We stopped on one roof and he helped me down a different fire escape and in front of a noodle shop. "Murakami's," he said, smiling. "The best noodle shop around."

"You've only been to this one, haven't you?" I looked at him unamused.

"Yes..." He said softly, looking down.

"Then how do you know it's the best?" I crossed my arms over my chest, flicking my tail.

"Because we can get things for free, Murakami's blind, so he won't know what we look like, and the place does really have good food."

I blinked and shrugged. Free food. Why not? "All right, but I'm the judge on the food."

"You can do that," He smiled, opening the door.

I walked in and looked around curiously. It was a normal everyday noodle shop. It had some small decoration on the walls and on the bar. Donnie sat in one of the seats and looked at me a little hopeful. Sighing, I came over and sat down by him.

"Okay, now what?" I asked softly.

"Murakami!" Donnie called out, looking around.

It was a few seconds before a pudgy man walked out. He had a white button up shirt on and had grey hair. Black round glasses covered his eyes, only showing that he really was blind. I felt sorry for him, but maybe it was my C.N.A. kicking in.

"Turtle-San!" the man said. I looked at Donnie annoyed. He laughed nervously. I thought he said that Murakami didn't know what they looked like. My tail flicked in annoyance and Murakami paused. "Who is with you, Donatello-San?"

I looked at him and smiled a little, even though I knew it wouldn't make a difference. "Juliet."

He smiled then bowed. I bowed back. Thank goodness for training and respect.

Murakami looked at Donnie and said kindly, "Pizza gyoza?"

"Yes please," Donnie nodded. Murakami smiled then started to cook. It was amazing on how quick he could work without seeing. It's as if he wasn't blind.

Donnie and I were watching him and before I knew it, there were dumplings in front of my face, waiting to be eaten. They smelled really good. Could a blind man cook? Looks like I was about to find out. I picked up the chopsticks and picked up a dumpling with them and ate it quickly before it could fall off the wooden sticks.

Flavor practically exploded in my mouth and I closed my eyes, savoring the taste. I swallowed and I just kept eating and eating. This was officially the best place I've ever eaten. I didn't notice that my plate was empty until my chopsticks couldn't find another dumpling. I opened my eyes and whined, slouching down. It was gone...

"Liked it?" Donnie asked.

"They're all gone...." I whined. "I don't have anymore..."

He smiled at me and offered the rest of his tray. Two pizza gyoza left. I grinned and wagged my tail like a dog and picked them up by hand, eating both at the same time. It was an amazing meal and I purred, setting my head on Donnie's shoulder.

After a few seconds he wrapped an arm around me and held me close. I smiled. This was a good night. I hope I could stay like this. No drama or issues, pain or crying. I wanted to stay. And I did, because I soon dozed off in Donnie's arms.