True Love

He looked the same as I remembered hazel eyes round and filled with wisdom, strong and stout body hunched over his drink. He wore his typical shorts and hoodie, legs crossed at the ankles and hands folded neatly under his chin. He hadn't shaved in a while, because he sported thick, wavy hair, a thin mustache, and a sparse beard. He never was good about growing facial hair...

"Can I help -" His eyes cast upwards towards mine, then widened into a shocked expression. His mouth dropped open, and I took a step back, hurt.

"What the hell are you?!" He screamed, sake cup tipping over and spilling over on the table.

My eyes filled with tears.

"H-Harlen...don't you remember me...?" I said, shaking, my voice jumping up and down. I felt as if someone had punched me in the stomach; the expression he was wearing torn me down to the bone. "It's Julie...?" I smiled, in hopes that he would see me. "I'm Julie! You're girlfriend! Remember...? We used to come here all the time for treats..." I paused, remembering coming here with Donnie.

"Why in the hell would I hang out with some freak like you?! Let alone date!"

Freak.

Freak.

Some freak.

I could feel my heart being ripped out of my chest.

Tears streamed down my face, and I stared down at my claws and dropped to my knees, shoulders shaking heavily.

"I don't know what the hell you are - but I suggest you leave me alone. Because if you don't, I'd be more than happy to report that some freak show is dressing up in green fur and walking around town, harassing people." With that, he brushed past me and walked out the door - just as Donnie came barreling in. Thankfully, Harlen didn't see him. He was too busy putting his hoodie up and throwing on a pair of sunglasses.

"Julie!"

I lifted my head, completely defeated. Donnie saw my expression and his face hardened, teeth grit and fists clenched.

"He called me a freak Donnie..." I said, smiling as tears were rushing down my face. "And you know what? I really think that I am. I'm a freak!" I started to laugh, lowering my head and placing my hands flat on the floor. "I'm nothing more than a crazy freak."

He didn't say anything then, only dropped down facing me and grabbed my furry face, lifting it to his.

"Julie..."

I tried to pull my face away, but he held steady.

"Don't! Now I have something to say to you, and you'd better listen!"

There was a pause.

"I..." He bit his lip, blushing. "I...love you! I love you, Juliet, and I don't care what you say or do, and that's not going to change!" He took a long and heavy breath. "And you're not a freak. You're...you're beautiful!" He was blushing hard now. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met Julie, and I love you more than anything!"

I blinked, shocked.

"And no matter what you do or what people say, I'm always going to love you! So get that through that thick, blonde head of yours!" He screamed it at me towards the end, and tears filled my eyes, over spilling more and dampening my fur.

We were inches from each other's face, and I did the one thing that I knew was right to do - I leaned forward and kissed him, hard.

His hands tangled in my fur, holding my head steady and I tilted my head gently, fingers playing with the back of his mask. He was kissing me like he was a drowning man, and I was his oxygen. I lost myself in it, shaking, wanting to touch him everywhere and not wanting to end this kiss.

"Julie..." He trailed kisses on my chin, and I smiled, shakily.

"Shhhhh...." I said. "Just take me home. OK? I wanna go home."

"Yeah...." He smiled softly, holding me close.

It then hit me that he said my blonde head and I looked at him sternly, "And I'm not blonde. I'm green."

"Your stubborn head can make it blonde," he replied simply as he helped me up. We smiled at one another and headed back outside into the cool and crisp air, the troubles back at Murakami's forgotten about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~TMNT~~~~~~~~

Julie DID write the chapter... But I had to add a comic relief at the end. And change the language to more appropriate audiences.... Because she wanted the "F" bomb in places.... THE BOOK'S PG/PG-13, JULES!! Get it through that blonde/green skull of yours. Lol