5;

A/N: so the first four
chapters were in past tense
but I'm switching to present
tense because i like it better.
also i found another guy
to use as the new character
and im super excited so...
INTRODUCING

Jacob WhitesidesasJackson Smith

Jacob Whitesides
as
Jackson Smith

(still estelle's pov)

Sadness is a part of all of us. Especially inside me. As upset as I am with Cedric for rejecting me, I'm even more upset that he isn't my friend anymore. It's not my fault Dumbledore moved me to Slytherin. Sometimes I just want someone to talk to about it. I'm trying to find someone like that. I watch as my sister comes out of her dorm into the Slytherin common room. The common room is especially crowded with all the Durmstrang boys. She smiles at me and walks over to Draco. Draco stands up and kisses her. It's disgusting. Eileen is only eleven years old and Draco is fourteen. I walk over to them. "Let's go down to breakfast." They nod in agreement. Draco grabs Eileen's hand. We are halfway to the great hall when I hear someone jogging up behind me. A hand grabs my wrist and I turn around to look Cedric in the eyes.
     "What's going on?" He asks, looking concerned.
     "Nothing." I say coolly.
     "I mean... why are you in Slytherin? Why did you leave Hufflepuff?"
     "You act like I had a choice." I say, softer.
     "I thought you did... do you... hate me?" He asks. Before I have a chance to respond, Eileen starts to talk.
     "C'mon Estelle, I'm hungry. Besides, we shouldn't be talking to Hufflepuffs." She smiles innocently at Cedric. He looks taken aback.
     "Right. I probably shouldn't be." I say, staring into Cedric's eyes.
     "I'm sorry." I hear Cedric mutter as we walk away. He has nothing to be sorry for.
     "Why did you stop me from answering the question?" I ask Eileen.
      "I didn't want to hear the answer. And truthfully, I don't think he did either. I personally thought the conversation was never going to end." Draco laughs at this, and I smile too.
     We sit down at our usual spot at the table. Me on Eileen's right, and Draco on her left. Eating goes by fast.
     Before I'm about to leave, I feel someone nudge me and I turn my head. I see a Slytherin boy that I've never seen before.
     "So you and Diggory, eh?" He says. I groan.
     "Seriously? You too?" I say, irritated.
     "No, you're right. That was a bad first impression. Can I try again?" He grins.
     "Sure." I cant help but smile back.
     "Hi, I'm Jackson, and you're Estelle, right?" holds out his hand for me to shake. I shake it.
     "Right." I laugh, my smile growing bigger.
     "So, and I hope you don't mind my asking, is there something going on between you and Diggory?" Jackson asks.
     "No." I answer simply. My smile disappears.
     "Oh, you guys are friends?"
     "We used to be... but not anymore... you know, I don't really want to talk about it right now."
     "Well, when you do, I'm always here to talk," He says and I nod. "Wait a sec, can I show you something?" I nod again. He grabs my wrist and leads me to the hall. I almost absolutely know where we are going. I think he might take me to the area with the Goblet of Fire in it. He takes me to the area where the Goblet of Fire is. I told you I knew. I smirk.
"You know, this isn't anything I haven't seen before." I laugh.
"I know that's probably true. I just thought we could watch everyone put their names in. We can talk. You like speaking right?" We both laugh. We walk over to one of the benches and talk for a bit.
And then I saw him. Cedric. He walks in, with a bunch of Hufflepuff boys he's never spoken to before, and wet hair. He is laughing with his new friends. The only person with him that I can name is Vivienne. I frown. Cedric glances at me before putting his name in. He exits the room. I hear Jackson groan next to me. "I'm sorry." He says clearly irritated.
"You knew. You knew Cedric was going to be here?" I accuse him.
"No, I didn't. I feel really bad because he came in and decided to ruin life. And you know what," he says, pulling out a price of paper and writing 'Jackson Smith, Hogwarts' on it "I'm going to enter the tournament. To make you feel better." He smiles at me and stands up. I grab his arm and pull him back down.
"No. I'm not going to let you risk your life just because Cedric came into a room." I state.
"Don't be so worried. It'll be fun if I'm picked. Besides, what are the odds of me being picked anyways?" He stands up again, and I follow him down to the Goblet of Fire.
"You shouldn't do it." I say. He drops his paper in and I frown. He smiles at me.
"Come on. Let's go."
"I should go find my sister."
"I wouldn't worry, she has Draco protecting her," He jokes. I force a smile. He drags me to the common room. "Hey. Do me a favor, meet me at the top of the astronomy tower. 11:00 pm. Tonight. As for right now, I have class." I nod. He picks up his bag and grins as he walks out of the common room. It takes me a moment to realize that I, too, have class. I grab my bag and rush out the door. I nearly bump into someone.
"Oh my god." I mutter.
"I was wondering when you'd realize that we have potions together." I hear a laugh. It was Jackson. I force a laugh.
"Let's go." I grab his wrist and this time, I'm dragging him.