Sibling Chivalries

5 years ago...

A boy with green spiky hair stood in a snowy clearing. He was gazing at nothing,lost in his own thoughts until he heard something. "Hey Tatł,what're you staring at?" The boy turned his head towards his brother. He was easily identified by his cobalt spiky hair. "U̶h̶...n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶." Tatł replied back. He'd rather not explain his thoughts to his brother.

"Then come on!" He exclaimed running ahead. "H̶e̶y̶ w̶a̶i̶t̶ f̶o̶r̶ m̶e̶!" Tatl shouted back,starting to run as well. A smile lit up on his beaked face as Tatł ran after his brother,who was quite a ways ahead of him. "Can't catch me!" His brother taunted him,glee in his tone. "W̶a̶n̶n̶a̶ b̶e̶t̶ Y̶a̶g̶o̶?" He yelled after him,continuing his chase. Eventually he caught up and tackled Yago to the white covered ground.

He fell on top of him and they both burst into laughter. After a while the laugher stopped,"You gonna get off me bro?" "O̶h̶,u̶h̶,y̶e̶a̶h̶." Tatł answered nervously,blood rushing to his cheeks. He got off his brother, and quite reluctant at that. He had just felt so good laughing with his brother. " A̶n̶d̶ l̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ o̶n̶ t̶o̶p̶ o̶f̶ h̶i̶m̶" his mind quickly added. He blushed harder.

He tried to hide his face,turning away from Yago. "Hey what's with the rosy cheeks?" "It's fine bro." Yago quickly responded. "O̶h̶,i̶t̶'s̶ c̶o̶o̶l̶." Tatł said,chuckling a bit. Yago stared at him for a bit before saying,"Alright whatever you say." "Y̶o̶u̶ d̶o̶u̶b̶t̶ m̶e̶?" Tatł questioned him. "I never said that." Yago shot back. "W̶h̶a̶t̶e̶v̶e̶r̶,w̶h̶a̶t̶'r̶e̶ w̶e̶ d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶e̶r̶e̶ a̶n̶y̶w̶a̶y̶?" Tatł asked.

Yago let out a sigh. "You really don't remember?" "W̶e̶l̶l̶ e̶n̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶n̶ m̶e̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶l̶e̶d̶g̶e̶,o̶h̶ w̶i̶s̶e̶ o̶n̶e̶." Tatł said sarcastically. Yago rolled his eyes. "We were supposed to be hunting but you had to get lost in your thoughts." Yago complained. "W̶e̶l̶l̶ a̶l̶l̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ s̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶ a̶l̶l̶ t̶h̶e̶ p̶r̶e̶y̶ a̶w̶a̶y̶." Tatł retorted,he was smiling through this whole ordeal. He knew as well as Yago that their argument wasn't serious.

"Shut up." Yago replied,playfully pushing his brother. Tatł stumbled back a bit,laughing. Finally they continued on,but with no luck. Their little situation may have stirred the animals up,but Tatł believed something else was at play. They had been walking for what seemed hours but no sign of anything.

"C̶-c̶a̶n̶'t̶ w̶e̶ g̶o̶ b̶a̶c̶k̶,w̶e̶'r̶e̶ n̶o̶t̶ f̶i̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶." Tatł whined,shivering from the cold of the tundra. "Alright,guess we're sleeping here tonight." Yago suddenly said. "W̶h̶a̶t̶,w̶h̶y̶?" Tatł said in confusion. "Cause we can't be bothered to go back since we've come so far." Yago replied. "Hope you like starving." Yago said with fake enthusiasm. "A̶l̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ y̶o̶u̶ m̶a̶d̶e̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶." Tatł snapped,obviously tired.

They'd never had to walk this far for a hunt before. "Look I'm tired too,but we can't just give up when we've gotten this far." Yago said with empathy,placing a hand on Tatł's shoulder. Tatł suppressed a smile and the two continued on. It was sunset now and still nothing. Tatł had begun to hear sounds,but not normal animal sounds. He thought his brain was just creating the noise but when it continued he had to accept it was real.

"U̶h̶,Y̶a̶g̶o̶,I̶ t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ I̶ h̶e̶a̶r̶ s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶." He said, tugging at his shirt like a little kid would. "Like what?" He asked. "L̶i̶k̶e̶ n̶o̶t̶ a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶l̶,m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ G̶r̶i̶m̶m̶?" He proposed. "Grimm!" Yago exclaimed,suddenly more alert. "I̶t̶'s̶ j̶u̶s̶t̶ a̶n̶ i̶d̶e̶a̶." Tatł said,trying to remain calm although he was starting to get nervous. "Well no matter what it is,I want you stay close to me." Yago said,he was a lot more calm than before but still alerted. Tatł happily agreed,for more reasons than one.