The Train Intruder

"So let me get this straight. Sirius Black has broken out of Azkaban to go after you?" Ron said after Harry had explained all that Mr Weasley had discussed with him that morning. By the end of it, Ron had paled significantly, Hermione had brought a hand to her mouth out of surprise and y/n had adopted a fierce scowl. How dare Sirius Black target one of her best friends?

"Yeah," Harry huffed out as if realising the severity of what he had just said.

"Oh, Harry... you'll have to be really really careful. Don't go looking for trouble, Harry-" Hermione said, stroking Crookshanks nervously.

"I don't go looking for trouble," Harry said defensively, "trouble normally finds me."

"Anyway, how thick would Harry have to be to go looking for a nutter who wants to kill him?" y/n added laughing a little to try and lighten the mood. Both Hermione and Ron seemed to be much more worried about Black than her or even Harry. It wasn't even them he was after.

"But they'll catch him, won't they?" Hermione said earnestly, "I mean everyone's looking for him, even the Muggle government,"

"Well, nobody's ever broken out of Azkaban before, and he's a raging murderous lunatic," Ron replied gravely.

"Thanks, Ron," Harry said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"What's that noise?" Hermione asked.

A faint whistling sound was ringing out somewhere above them. They all looked up to their trunks and Hedwig roosting calmly.

"It's coming from you're trunks," Hermione said to Harry and y/n, pointing at a worn brown trunk and a black one with corners plated in silver.

Harry and y/n had stood up and were reaching around in their luggage and not a moment later, had each pulled out their pocket Sneakoscopes that had been gifted to them. Harry from Ron and y/n from Fred and George. Each of the devices was spinning very quickly and glowed brilliantly in their hands.

"Are those Sneakoscopes?" Hermione asked, her eyes bright with curiosity.

"Yeah... mind you, they're very cheap ones," Ron said, "They went haywire when I was trying to send them off."

"Were you doing anything untrustworthy at the time?" Hermione asked shrewdly.

"No! Of course not!" Ron quickly replied, "Well, we're not supposed to send Errol on big trips.. but how else was I supposed to get Harry's birthday present to him?"

"You could have given it in person," y/n said smiling proudly. Ron rolled his eyes.

"Well not all of us can just floo around the country whenever we please, y/n," Ron jabbed jokingly.

"Or there's always the Knight Bus?" she suggested.

"I wouldn't wish that upon anyone," Harry said looking grave at the memory of the horrendous trip.

"Yeah, neither," y/n agreed, "We should put these away, they might wake him up," she nodded to Professor Lupin. She took the Sneakoscopes from Ron and Harry and stuffed them back under clothes to get them to shut up. 

"We could get them checked in Hogsmeade," said Ron, "They sell that sort of thing in Dervish and Banges and all kinds of magical gadgets. Fred and George told me,"

"Do you know much about Hogsmeade?" Hermione asked keenly, "I read a little about it over the Summer. Apparently, its the only non-muggle settlement left in Britain-"

"Yeah, I think it is," Ron said not caring much at all about the culture nor history of the place, "What I'm interested in is Honeydukes!"

"What's that?" Hermione asked.