The Full Moon

After Remus and Sirius had bound Pettigrew's arms with rope, Remus shoved him forward pushing him towards the door and pointing his wand right at his back. Harry went to help Ron stand up on his injured leg, all the while staring in disbelief at the man who, up until a couple minutes ago, was his dear pet, Scabbers.

Sirius approached them as well. Hermione instinctively was wary and Harry was cautious, but Black simply offered a hand to Ron and helped him to his feet.

"It's the least I can do really," he said as he, Harry and Ron hobbled towards the stairs, "truly, I was going for the rat. My predisposition as a dog is normally quite pleasant."

"Why do I find that hard to believe," y/n drawled as she made a start for the door as well. It was only then that she saw the still form of Snape still lying on the bed. "What are we going to do about Professor Snape?"

"Leave him," Sirius replied instantly, not giving the matter any second thought.

"We can't just leave him here!" y/n retorted.

"What's stopping us?" Black fired back.

"If he wakes up here alone, he's going to a assume that a pair of murders and now apparently kidnappers are out to cause havoc. If he wakes up with us, we'll be able to explain." y/n said, becoming ever more impatient with Black.

"y/n is right. Snape will jump to some dire conclusions. Out absence will only accentuate his presumption of our guilt." Remus remarked, still keeping a firm grip on Pettigrew.

"But how do we move him?" Hermione interjected.

"Wingardrium leviosa, duh," said Ron.

"He'd be too heavy. That charm is meant for small objects, not people." y/n said, racking her brain for spells that would be of some use.

"Levicorpus would do the job," Remus said breaking y/n from her thoughts, "Sirius, could you cast it?"

"Fine," Sirius gave in and then turned to y/n, "Girl, give me your wand."

y/n stood shocked, "I'm sorry are you talking to me?" She half laughed and then adorned a grim expression, "Don't patronise with names like 'girl' you bastard. And if you think I would hand over my wand to someone of the likes of you, you're sorely mistaken."

"You're talking big for someone so small, l/n." Sirius responded, ditching his title of "girl" for her, "If you want to get your fellow snake out of here, go ahead, do it yourself." he sneered.

"Fine I will," y/n said bluntly, "What was the spell Professor Lupin?"

"Levicorpus," he answered quickly, keeping an eye on his mate and student.

y/n raised her wand to the body on the smashed up bed, "Levicorpus." she said and Snape was lifted into the air, hovering as if held up by invisible ropes.

"Let's go," she said flatly, turning to the door and averting her gaze from Sirius.

The group descended into the passageway beneath the shack. Harry, Ron and Sirius led the way, all the while talking rather pleasantly, whilst Hermione trailed shortly behind and Remus and y/n along with Pettigrew and the unconscious form of Snape dangling in the air took the flank.

y/n couldn't help but feel a tense air between her and her professor. As the proceeding through the narrow tunnel, the pair didn't speak nor did they look at each other. y/n was still trying to understand why Remus would lie to her. It almost frightened her to think about how she was sharing a room with a werewolf all year, trusting him. And yet, the dreaded feeling of guilt swam in her stomach. Whether or not he was a werewolf, he helped her. He helped her feel as though she belonged and mattered at a time where everything seemed grim and full of despair. She looked up Remus' prematurely aged face.