The Execution of Buckbeak

h/c = hair colour
h/l = hair length

After their encounter with Professor Trelawny, Harry and y/n met up with Hermione and Ron. Hermione looked very glum as she sat reading a small note, y/n was sure it was bad news of some sort.

"Guys, we just ran into Professor Trelawny and she told us-" Harry began but was cut short by Hermione.

"They're executing Buckbeak tonight!" Hermione blurted out, shoving the note towards y/n.

Lost appeal. They're going to execute at sunset. Nothing you can do. Don't come down. I don't want you to see it
-Hagrid.

Hermione had tried to organise an appeal for Hagrid to present once more in front of the council, but Lucius Malfoy's influence and strength obviously was too much to go against.

"We've got to go," said Harry at once, "He can't just sit there by himself waiting for the executioner!"

"I'm with Harry. Hagrid's our friend and he's going to be miserable tonight. I couldn't stand knowing that he's alone at a time like this," y/n added.

"Ok," Hermione began, "We'll meet outside the Great Hall after dinner and go down to Hagrid's from there," Hermione paused, her face falling, "There's really nothing we can do."

"We can be there Hagrid," said Ron, "That's the best we can do for him now."

------)OOO(-----

After dinner, instead of returning to the common rooms with the rest of the school, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and y/n slipped away from the crowd and met just outside the Great Hall. All of them had since changed out of school uniform and into their casual wear.

y/n saw Hermione's mood had not improved since she last saw her and made a point to keep a close eye on her. Hermione was normally always so strong-willed and sure of herself. It hurt to see her friend hurting.

As they left the castle and walked out into the courtyard, an ominous sound of metal grinding against metal matched with the crowing of dozens of crows echoed around them. A man in all black with a hood with holes cut out for his eyes and mouth was sitting on a stone, slowly sharpening his scythe. The executioner and y/n made eye contact as she and the others cautiously walked past. y/n couldn't see, but she was sure he was wearing a malicious smile underneath his hood.

Hermione marched onwards ahead of the others. She was probably trying to hide her eyes tearing up. "I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak, it's just too horrible," she said, her voice strong and angry.

"It just got worse," Ron said.

Hiding behind a group of large rocks were Draco, Crabbe and Goyle, peering down the hill to Hagrid's hut and Buckbeak sat by his lonesome in the garden.

"Did you see the big fat blabbering oaf? Oh, this is going to be rich," said Draco. y/n's anger began to boil. "Did I tell you father said I could keep the head?" Hermione had had enough. She began to march down to the Slytherin's.

"Look who's here!" Crabbe announced and they all turned around.

"Ah! Come to see the show!" Draco said boisterously.

"You... You foal loathsome evil little cockroach!" Hermione screamed as she approached Draco. Crabbe and Goyle cowered away in fear as the witch drew near.

y/n was in a blind rage and drew her wand. She pushed past Harry trying to hold her back and marched in front of Hermione. When Draco saw y/n's enraged state it was already too late. Her wand was at his neck and she was extremely close to his face. Draco backed up against the rock in an effort to escape but he was trapped.