The Missing Portrait

That Saturday was the first trip to Hogsmeade for the year. All of the third and older years were excited to go into the small wizarding town and escape the confines of the school walls for a few hours. All, that is, except for Harry.

"Harry go on just ask her," Ron pressed.

"You'll never know if you don't ask," Hermione added.

The three Gryffindors and their Slytherin friend hurried out of the Castle out to the south courtyard where the students leaving for Hogsmeade convened before heading off. Ron, Hermione and y/n had their permission slips signed and ready to go, whereas Harry's hadn't found a drop of ink. y/n was just relieved that she had her Grandmother sign her slip before she ran away from home. Harry wasn't as lucky

Harry approached Professor McGonagall hesitantly, Hermione, Ron and y/n flanking him.

"Professor, I-" Harry began

"No signed note, no permission, Potter," McGonagall cut him off and you could see the hope drain from his face.

"But, Professor, I thought that if maybe you signed it-"

"It must be signed by a parent or guardian, since I am neither it would be inappropriate,"

"Professor McGonagall, it's my fault Harry didn't get it signed. Just give me detention or something since I'm the reason didn't get it signed so he can go," y/n tried stepping forward.

"It doesn't work like that l/n, and you know it," McGonagall said to the eager teen who now looked defeated.

"I know..." y/n admitted and stepped back.

McGonagall began to walk away before turning back to a forlorn Harry, "that's my final word, Potter," and she patted his shoulder sympathetically before walking off.

"I'm so sorry Harry," y/n said, "It's all my fault,"

"Don't worry about it y/n," Harry said but he was still obviously down about the whole situation, "You guys go on,"

Harry walked back towards the castle and the three went on their way towards Hogsmeade. Hermione sent a small wave back to Harry who smiled weakly as he watched his friends leave for fun, with out him.

------)OOO(------

y/n really did enjoy her day in Hogsmeade with Ron and Hermione, but she found herself distracted by the absence of Harry. She couldn't stop thinking about how much fun he could have been having if it wasn't for her. But, never the less, y/n did have fun at the small village and the many stores it held.

She stocked up on chocolate and other sweets at Honeydukes, where she also managed to convince Ron that all Pureblood's have a small percentage of Vampire in them. And that that when they have blood-flavoured lollipops, their magical abilities grow much stronger. It was only when Ron tried a blood flavoured lollipop and found them putrid, that he decided that y/n had tricked him once again for Hermione's and her own entertainment.

The group had also visited Zonko's joke shop where y/n had seen Fred and George grabbing three of everything. She stopped finding this amusing when George came up to her and was acting extremely out of character.

"y/n! My most favouritest witch in all of Hogwarts. You're looking absolutely gorgeous this fine afternoon, might I say that your cloak ties compliment your hair very nicely today," George said with a toothy grin.

y/n looked at him quizzically, "Thank you?" she replied, slightly taken aback.

"Oh it really isn't any trouble," He said, "Are you liking Hogsmeade?"