Love

"I love you too."

Alfred didn't remember the last time he had felt so incredibly amazing, like the missing puzzle piece inside of his heart was finally put in place, and he was barely able to properly breathe from what just happened.

"W-well... This was unexpected." The younger, much more confused and flustered boy said, an embarrassing chuckle escaping his throat. "I'm glad it happened, though."

"Me too." Arthur replied with a soft and honest smile, again managing to get the hold of Alfred's hand. The warmth they were engulfed in was bursting through the room, and nothing could have been better at the moment. "Shall we head home together now?" He asked, receiving a nod in response.
The two boys picked up their backpacks and clumsily threw them over their shoulders, Arthur putting the guitar back on the shelf next to the piano where it stood before the two of them took over the practice room.

"Let's go." Alfred opened the door, letting Arthur go out first before he made his way out as well and closed the door behind the two of them. He knew they were in here for more than half an hour, and it will take them another half an hour to get home. But even though he'd most probably get in trouble, even though he felt a tingle of fear about getting home, nothing could get him down from his high after knowing that Arthur Kirkland liked him back, and kissed him first after they played a song together.

The American and the Brit kept holding hands in a soft manner, chatting a bit with a hint of awkwardness in both of their voices. But on the other hand, who wouldn't be awkward after kissing their long time crush?
This time, they walked home as more than best friends. They experienced a different kind of connection between each other, and in the following minutes the two of them felt inseparable.

Walking towards their homes together, Alfred and Arthur talked, laughed and enjoyed the day which was quite warm for November, lucky for Alfred who didn't feel as cold without his jacket as he did in the morning. But even if it were cold, he'd be warmed up by love and by Arthur simply being there and smiling at him.

"We definitely have to play a song together again sometimes," Arthur made a statement, and received a hum of agreement from the other boy. "Are you free tomorrow? It's Saturday, we can basically do whatever we want."

"I'm not sure, but I'll ask my dad. Maybe he'll let me since I did well on the Geography exam today. Hopefully." Alfred shrugged his shoulders, answering the question which was a tiny bit awkward for him, since deep inside he knew the real answer. Especially since he was about to arrive home late once again.

Now, he didn't want Arthur to know what was going on at his house even more, since a big part of him thought that Arthur wouldn't want to do anything with him anymore if he found out. Simply because Alfred thought the other would think of him as weak, lazy or a coward.

"That's fine. It's okay if you can't, we can find another day. There's time." Arthur shyly smiled, realizing that the two of them already reached Alfred's house. Sadly, that meant it was time to part.

"Thank you." Alfred stood in place on the sidewalk, throwing a fast glance at Arthur one more time, but not expecting to be pulled into a quick kiss. Finding himself and immediately kissing back, the two of them stood like that for a few seconds, before saying goodbye and parting at last.

Alfred ran away towards his home, mind full of so many different thoughts and heart full of so many different feelings, on the verge of tears but also laughing at the same time, an emotional mess at its best. Approaching the door, he got in after unlocking with the spare key he always kept in his pocket, never losing it.

Only when he stepped into the house, he realized how much he dreaded getting in, the feeling immediately making him feel like there was a lump in his throat. But the feeling of Arthur's lips against his was unerasable, and made him experience a different kind of safety. It was strange, unexplainable, so wonderful...