c l i m a x // I

Jiyong twisted his fingers and tapped his foot anxiously from his spot.

After 3 years of waiting for her patiently. Finally, she will be his wife after an hour. Park Sandara—his love, his life, his everything. She is everything he could dream of. She is his other half.

He glanced at the entry of the cathedral and there he saw her. HIs heart raced faster than before. His heart pounded louder as the piano burst into life. The sweet melody of their all-time favorite song “Butterfly” silenced the waiting crowd. Inch by inch, she walked slowly down the aisle towards him. As always, she looks beautiful beyond words. Jiyong felt nostalgic all of a sudden. Their memories together from the past years flooded his mind. Remembering the first time he saw, a single tear finally escaped his right eye.

He could still remember everything like they all happened yesterday. He met her back in his college days in one of the prestigious business school in Seoul. When most of the female population in his class seemed to pay extra attention to him for his good looks and outstanding academic reputation, one girl never did. She stood out among the rest. Her quiet beauty compares to no one. Her witty and intelligent remarks challenged him. Her humble heart melted him. She’s the epitome of raising the ordinary to extraordinary. She is Park Sandara.

Unexpectedly and irrevocably, Jiyong fell for her. Hard.

They may have different perspective and opinions in life but somehow they managed to see through each other’s imperfections. They accepted their flaws and learned to love each other. Who would’ve thought? But Jiyong and Dara came this far together.

The moment she stood in front of Jiyong, all of his breath seemed to escape out of his lungs. Dara hasn’t change all the years. Her eyes, her smile, her beauty—her everything. They never seem to fade. Clad in white silk taffeta wedding gown with a long train sweeping at the back of her dress, Dara resembled to a goddess—one that he calls mine. Jiyong looked at her lovingly and Dara smiled back.

She is his future and his afterlife. He vowed to her. He is her only one and her everything. She swore to him.

Nothing will ever come between them. Nobody. No one.

--

“Hey,” Dara called out to Jiyong. Her brown eyes shining like the chandeliers above them.

She could not believe it. She’s married now. Moreover to Jiyong—the only man she ever loved in her life. They were like the complete opposite of each other. They have different opinions in life and they argue a lot. But in the end of the day, Jiyong would always make sure they sort things out before they go to sleep.

“Hmm?” Jiyong gaze down at her. He continued to sway her in tune with a sweet melody coming from the orchestra.

“Nothing,” and she smiled at him. The smile that makes Jiyong’s heart drop everytime.

They continued to sway at the center of the dance floor while crowd smiled at them in appreciation. After the marriage ceremony finished an hour ago, they went straight to the reception near the cathedral with their guests.

It was a simple but elegant man-made garden inside the city. Dara personally chose the place. She liked from the very first time she saw it. The chandeliers hang brightly above them. The white lilies and tulips placed beautifully at the center of each table and arranged everywhere the event hall. Everything is perfect. It was more than a wedding Dara could imagine.

She let out a satisfied sigh.

“Hey baby, what’s with the sighing?” she heard Jiyong asks which snap her out of reverie. “Something bothering you? Something wrong?”

Seeing the worried look on her husband’s face, she let out a chuckle. He’s still the same. Worrying over little things.

Just then she remembers their first date 3 years ago. Just like their wedding, everything was perfect. All too Kwon Jiyong-ish. Smooth and easy-going. They sat opposite each other talking about random things over good food and wine. Jiyong telling her about his child hood and his dreams. She realized that Jiyong always strives so hard and is always trying his best. Oh how she loves that achiever side of Jiyong. Dara find it sexy.

Then after the dinner, they walked hand in hand under the night sky. But as clumsy as she is, she tripped over a rock and subsequently hurting her ankle. Jiyong panicked seeing her in pain that he brought Dara by carrying her onto his back to a nearest hospital. His face was so epic that night that every time Dara would think of it, she would practically laugh her ass off.

But then, it was also at that same night Dara realized that Jiyong really do care for her. She smiled at their memories together. Indeed, they have journeyed a long way together.

“No baby. I’m just…happy. With all of these,” Dara said, gazing ever so sweetly at Jiyong. “You, this wedding—it seemed all surreal. Too good to be true.” Tears threatened to fall from her eyes but she held them back.

Jiyong smiled and leaned his forehead against her. “But I am real. This is real. You are my reality, Dara.” He closed his eyes as she did the same. “You will always be. I love you.”

“I love you more, baby. Forever.” She smiled to herself, feeling contented with him by her side.

He is more than she could ever ask for. She will love him and be faithful to him forever. It was her mantra for life.

Dara’s life would never be the same without Jiyong in it. He is her world. Her everything.

///////

a/n: Shoutout to WrittenInMyHeart for the awesome cover!

Hoho. here's the first chappie

-admin zeldaux