c l i m a x // VII

It has been days since Jiyong’s last encounter Sohee in his office. And from that day since, he can’t sleep without waking up in the middle of night thus making Dara worry everytime.

He wanted to stop. He wanted to stay away from Sohee. But the more he does things to restrain himself, the more he falls for her. It’s like a magnet is pulling him closer to her. The excitement, the intensity, the feel of her lips and touch. He just can’t get enough of her.

And ever since their conversation yesterday on the phone, he feels so uneasy just thinking about it.

“A party is coming, Jiyong and I want you to come. Dad wants you to meet his associates.” Sohee said on the other line.

“Hmm...Okay, I’ll come.”

“But I want you to come with her.”

His eyes widened in surprise. “What? No, I can’t do that!”

“Yes, you can, Ji. I want to meet her.”

“And what?”

“Nothing, I just want to meet her. That’s all.”

He doesn’t know how to drop it to Dara. Moreover, he doesn’t know if she’ll come with him or not. He knows Dara. She doesn’t want attending parties and things like that. She’s a very quiet and soft woman.

“Hey, baby. Something wrong?” asked Dara suddenly, making him snap out of reverie.

She touched his arm gently but Jiyong flinched, making Dara more worried.

“You okay?” she asked again but Jiyong just nodded, his eyes not meeting hers.

For these past few days, Dara noticed how Jiyong’s always silent when he’s with her. Or like he’s always in his studies buried in work and talking on his phone. She’s becoming worried for him, for his health. Dara doesn’t want Jiyong stressing out himself. She wants to know if there is something bothering him. She wants to do her part as his wife. She wants to take care of him.