c l i m a x // V

“Ssantoki!” a familiar voice called out to Dara from the back. Dara’s face immediately lightens up and she quickly turned around.

“Bommie-ah!” She yelled louder than she intended it to be.

Bom smirked and ran towards Dara. “Yah! Didn’t we just see each other 2 weeks ago?”

Dara smiled wider and pulled Bom for a tight embrace. “Aigoo…Is missing my best friend bad?”

Bom smacked her back playfully and their laugh resonated along the whole gym. But they didn’t care. Even though it was only 2 weeks ago that they saw each other, Dara missed her best friend so bad.

She doesn’t consider Bom as her mere best friend. She is more than that. She is her sister—may be not by blood, but in her heart she is Dara’s sister. From Pre-school to college, Bom has always been there for her. Through the good and the bad.

“What are you doing here, Bom?” she asked after they finally pulled out from their long hug.

“You didn’t know?”

“Know what?”

Bom rolled her eyes at Dara. “Duh! Shin Yong called me.” She said and laughter erupts from her, seeing Dara’s okay-now-I-the-reason-why-you’re-here reaction.

“That kid just can’t live without you.” Dara softly said, smiling at Bom.

“Just like his mother.” And Bom stuck out her tongue at her.

They erupted in laughter once again. Shin Yong is really fond of Bom just as she is to him. From the day Shin Yong was born until now, she has been there for the both of them. And Dara couldn’t be any more thankful for her and for the things she’s done for them.

“Where’s Shin Yong?” Bom asked.

“At the back stage already. He was so excited that we came here one hour earlier,” Dara chuckled. Her son really never fails him to amuse her day by day. Shin Yong kept on pestering her so early in the morning that they should leave that moment.

“And Jiyong?”

“He said he’ll come today. I told him 3 days ago.” And she gave Bom a reassuring smile.