c l i m a x // epilogue

“You look beautiful, Park Bom.” Dara smiled on the mirror to Bom who is nervously fidgeting her long white dress. “Will you stop that? This is your day!”

“I know…I know…” Bom huffed and pouted at her from the vanity mirror. She gave her a tight smile and continued nervously fidgeting her dress. “It’s just I’m having—“

“Oh my god! Are you having second thoughts about Youngbae? Park B—“

“No! Of course not! Beejeesuz! I was going to say I’m just having wedding jitters, Dara!”

Dara dropped her dramtic face and smiled at her again. After 2 years since that incident, finally Youngbae and Bom decided to settle down. It was hard for Bom at first to accept that Youngbae is the cousin of Sohee but if one really loves a person, no matter what and who he is, you’ll accept everything about him.

“But Dara,” Bom said after a while then a frown formed on her lips. “Will the same thing that happened to you and Jiyong happen to us? I mean the…he-has-a-woman part.”

“Honestly, the future is uncertain, Bom.” Dara reached for her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. “If ever something like that happens, never give him up. Fight for the one you love and you’ll know in the end it was worth it.”

Bom nodded and sighed. It was never easy for Dara and Jiyong to move on to what had happened before but they did not let it eat them up, steal their happiness and be consumed of the the past. She chose to stay and he never let her go again.

“Trust. That’s the key, Bom. Trust Youngbae and both of you will live in happiness.”

--

“So, Kwon Jiyong…” Seunghyun started as he snapped another photo of the guests entering the garden. Jiyong turned his head slightly and looked at him. “How are you?”

“I’m fine.” Jiyong curtly said then glanced away from him. “You?” he asked back.

Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders then snapped again another photo. He bowed to the guest before stepping closer to Jiyong.

“Honestly…I’m still broken hearted.”

“What—“

“I’m just kidding!” He said before Kwon Jiyong might launch himself at him and start to throw punches. Oh he doesn’t want to make such scene in his bestfriend’s wedding. Youngbae might kill him before Jiyong does.

Seunghyun started laughing but Jiyong just rolled his eyes at him. ‘Pfft, such a girl’ Seunghyun thought.

But seriously talking, after he heard what happened to Jiyong and their encounter with Youngbae’s cousin 3 and half years ago, he feared not only for Dara’s safety but also Jiyong and Shin Yong’s. He knows that Dara’s heart will never ever belong to him but he will continuously stand by her, not as her lover but as her true friend. He let go of his feelings for Dara and did the right thing.

That is how much Seunghyun loves her.

“Jiyong,” he called out once again but Jiyong did not dare look at him. “Don’t hurt Dara again or else I’ll never let go her again.”

Jiyong chuckled then finally looked at him. “Do you still have feelings for my wife?” he asked but Seunghyun shook his no. “Then what?”

“I’m just a friend who doesn’t want to see his friend cry.” He answered truthfully. Jiyong just clicked his tongue then after held out his hand to him. “What?”

“I will not make Dara cry again. I’m sorry but I’m not planning to let her out of my life again.”

It was Seunghyun turn to chuckle at him then he took his hand and shook it. At least now, he doesn’t have to look out for Dara anymore. Someone will that for him.

But he will and wil always be her friend.

--

The wedding was beautiful. The sky was peaceful, calm and blue. The bright yellow daffodils and soft colors of blue linums surrounded the garden as Bom walked along the aisle wearing a grin on her face.

Youngbae is looking handsome in his Armani suit as he puffed his cheeks cutely out of anxiousness. Dara smiled at the sight before her. Many things will change after Bom and Youngbae’s wedding but she can only hope that both of them will stand by each other’s side always.

“You’re in mother hen mode again, Dara.” She heard Jiyong whispered in her right ear as he reached for her hand then held it tight. “Bom will be fine. She’s as strong as you are.”

“Yeah, she is. I know she’ll become stronger.” She replied then glanced up at him. Dara found Jiyong smiling as he watched their son give his uncle Youngbae the ring then tipping his toes up to reach his his aunt Bom’s cheeks to kiss it.

“Did you notice something about Shin Yong?” Jiyong suddenly asked out of the blue.

“What?” Dara said, staring at her son. “I don’t see anything wrong.”

“Silly,” Jiyong chuckled then smiled down at her. “I didn’t say something is wrong with him.”

“Then what is it?”

“Shin Yong is growing up way too fast.” Jiyong answered with a smirk forming on his lips. Dara’s eyes formed into tiny slits as she looked at him suspiciously. Yeah, she sure knows Jiyong is up to something.

“And you’re saying?”

“All I’m saying that is Shin Yong needs a brother or sister…” Jiyong answered matter-of-factly, flashing Dara his playful smile. Oh that smile, never fails to make her heart flutter. “…and Shin Yong really needs it asap.”

“YAH!” Dara half-yelled as deep shades of red crept up to color her cheeks. “KWON JIYONG!”

“But I’m not really in rush so maybe tonight will be good,” Jiyong shrugged his shoulders then chuckled at his wife’s reaction. Her blush makes even more beautiful. “We still have forever, Dara.”

Dara can’t help but giggle at Jiyong’s cheesiness. She felt his lips on her forehead, giving it a light kiss. The butterflies went crazy inside her stomach again.

"I love you, Dara. Forever." Jiyong said in deepest sincerity as he stared in her eyes.

"I love you more, Jiyong. Forever" Dara replied, staring back at him with so much love.

Some might call them crazy for still believing in forever and says that it is just a word.

But for the both of them…forever is the most tangible thing in the world.

--

CLIMAX IS NOW OFFICIALLY... SIGNING OFF.