two

jisoo cupped her face as she listened to the mrs. jung's discussion. she was fighting the urge to doze off but her eyelids were inevitably getting heavier.

subject? obviously math.

"jisoo," her brunette friend and seatmate jennie inconspicuously whispered, trying not to get caught by the teacher.

too immersed in her unearned nap, jisoo didn't budge.

too bad for jisoo, jennie isn't a quitter. the latter picked up her trusty rubber eraser and launched it, aiming at jisoo's face.

"f*ck!" all the heads in the class turned to face jisoo, whose shout had disrupted the discussion.

"pardon, miss kim?" mrs. jung exasperatedly questioned. she despised it everytime someone cuts her off in the middle of her lecture.

"i said FACT, ma'am. i was reading the facts you've written on the board." cold sweat streamed down her face as she lets out a petty lie, crossing fingers that her teacher would bite.

mrs. jung suspiciously looked at jisoo for a moment but later dismissed her uncertainty about the girl's peculiar acts.

luckily, jisoo escaped that life-threatening situation. she heaved a sigh and cupped her face again.

with lethargy departing her body, she was forced to listen to the lecture.

'how boring,' she thought.

-

time drifted fast. math class ended and lunch break followed.

the girls bought themselves some lunch. jennie had a snack while jisoo ordered a feast.

jennie took several pictures of her food first. on the other hand, jisoo wasted no second and munched hers straightaway.

"slow down, jisoo. classes won't start for the next hour," jennie worryingly advised, still capturing photos of her food.

"but i'm hungry, nini." jisoo took a big bite off her steak. she started to gain attention from the people inside the cafeteria.

"but they're looking at you." jennie's tone was full of concern. it's not that she's embarrassed of her. in fact, she accepts jisoo for who she is (even though she eats like a glutton). she just doesn't want people talking bad about jisoo and calling her names.

"let them. i don't care." as usual, jisoo's stubborness ruled over.

she went on consuming everything on her tray, not minding the eyes that were judgingly looking at her.

"that meal was the best meal i've ever had." she held her stomach after she emptied the tray.

"you say that everytime." jennie chuckled at the sight of her friend. she admires how jisoo lives without any filter. the benefit is definitely evident in her smile.

after their scrumptious meal, they headed back to classes.

-

everyone was settled on their seats, savoring the last few minutes left before their biology teacher, mrs. cha, comes in.

jisoo, who had nothing else to do, indulged in a staring contest with her watch.

after minutes of plainly looking at the timepiece, an idea finally struck her mind.

unfortunately, the bell had to ring, which meant mrs. cha will be in anytime soon.

speaking of the devil...

"good afternoon, class," the middle-aged woman greeted.

all of them automatically stood up and addressed her back. satisfied with her students' manners, she gestured them to sit afterward.

"a new student will be joining us today. please come in and introduce yourself." a tall, svelte figure made entry through the doorway. his ash-blond, disheveled hair filled the girls with awe, except for jisoo and jennie.

"i'm kim taehyung." his voice was as deep as a chasm, making almost all the girls in the room squeal. mrs. cha, known for losing her chill when she's irritated, shot a fatal glare at the students. the crowd didn't take much time to process the glare and hushed in a split second.

"sorry about that, mister kim. you may sit beside miss kim jisoo right there," she pointed at the girl, who was staring at her table.

the boy walked towards the seat where he was directed and sat. not planning to listen to the discussion, he found himself staring at his seatmate.

now that he was seated close to her, he was able to realize that she wasn't looking at her desk, she was hiding her face to not get caught sleeping by the teacher.

'what the f*ck? she was just greeting a while ago and now she's asleep?" taehyung was confused but fascinated at how fast she was able to doze off.

'i should probably wake her up,' he added. taehyung, known for the trickster that he is, carefully snuck up on the sleeping girl.

jisoo had this feeling that someone was looking at her. as much as she loves sleeping, the discomfort was too disturbing to ignore so decided to check if she was right. and yes, she was as taehyung's face was just inches away from her.

when caught on the act, taehyung would normally retreat and pretend like nothing happened.

but it seemed like today's no ordinary day because the boy was left pinned on his spot. his seatmate's unexpected visuals caught him off guard. he wasn't a sucker for girls but he knows and appreciates beauty when he sees it.

jisoo knitted her eyebrows, irritated at the man staring at her.

"what are you looking at?" the female unmannerly queried. she was annoyed because instead of answering her, the male held on to staring.

"hey!" she lifted her hand, planning to land a slap on his face. the male wasn't paying attention to her so she thought a slap would bring him back to his senses.

but as her ungentle hand raced to his unwary face, a warm palm stopped it on its track.

he held her soft hand and gently squeezed it, painting pink on the female's cheeks.

"you're beautiful."

-

will be updating soonest.

-aiah