six

"our representatives will be irene and taehyung."

"yes!" irene exclaimed in triumph. taehyung was feeling a bit disappointed. he wanted jisoo to be his partner, not irene.

the class cheered, giving them claps and felicitations.

"okay, irene and taehyung, i will be seeing you after class." after reminding the two, the teacher bade goodbye and left the room.

irene wanted to congratulate taehyung so she decided to approach him.

taehyung was able to sense her nearing him in his peripheral vision so he immediately grabbed jisoo's hand, startling the female.

"let's go eat chicken." jisoo was unable to object when she heard the word 'chicken'.

irene saw it, so she sped her pace to catch up with taehyung. he held his left arm to make him stop.

"why are you holding her hand, taehyung?" she questioned him angrily.

a smirk formed on taehyung's face. he swung his left arm, making her release hold of him.

"why not? she's my girlfriend." everyone was awed with taehyung's reply while jisoo was looking like a tomato. he then dragged jisoo out of the room, dumfounding irene. she can see how everyone wanted to laugh at her but they have no other option except for shutting up.

"ugh!" irene can't help but shout in anger. since she can't handle the embarassment any longer, she departed from the room.

'you'll pay for this kim jisoo! i swear.'

after lunch, jennie, irene, joy, seulgi, and wendy were excused from their afternoon classes. they were all part of the pep squad, in which irene is the captain.

jennie found out that it was irene who ordered joy, yeri, and wendy to meet jisoo at the dorms and give her a beating.

she wanted to avenge her bosom friend but she didn't know how.

thankfully, a clever idea popped in her mind during the selection.

"hey! get on your feet and bring your asses on the field." joy, the vice-captain commanded. all the cheerleaders rushed down to the green, grassy field and lined up.

"okay, we're going to practice our routines for the upcoming sports fest. let's do the one with 2-1-1 stunt at the end." everyone went to their respective places, including jennie.

when the music started, everyone began to dance in sync.

irene and joy were acting flirty, wanting to gain the attention of the soccer players who were practicing on the field.

jennie was disgusted with their actions. she couldn't help but cringe.

'sluts will be sluts,' jennie thought.

so far, they are all doing well. not even a mistake can be spotted.

they were nearly at the end of the routine. everyone huddled at the center for the 2-1-1 stunt, which is a two-and-a-half high stunt.

the bigger members served as the bases of the pyramid. jennie, together with joy, are the flyers. they will be lifting the top flyer, who happens to be irene.

the bases were already queued at the bottom. seconds after, the flyers glided in midair, eventually landing on top of the bases. they were given boosts by the back bases.

when the flyers' positions became stable, it was the cue for the top flyer to make her entrance.

jennie mentally apologized for what she was about to do. she knows it wasn't right but if she wants to give them a payback, she has to do it.

moments later, irene was lifted into the air. jennie tried to look less tensed as possible.

she extended both of her hands, waiting for irene's feet to touch down.

but when irene's foot was about to touch jennie's palms, the latter quickly jolted her hands away, causing irene to fall badly on the ground.

"irene!" joy shouted. she was brought down by the bases who supported her and ran to her friend who was lying down in misery.

jennie was also went down on the ground. she just watched irene being transported to the school clinic in a stretcher.

'mission accomplished.'

after eating with taehyung at the cafeteria, jisoo felt very satisfied. she was so full.

but despite of the wonderful food taehyung has bought her, she got really mad at him for smudging a chicken on her face.

on the other hand, the students who were watching them found taehyung's gesture cute.

shallow jisoo couldn't do anything but flush.

what made her flush more is when taehyung bought wipes and cleaned her face himself.

the whole cafeteria was awestruck. she was too.

since then, jisoo didn't utter a word to him. even now.

currently, their physical education teacher was discussing about their contributions for the sports fest. she borrowed some time from the other teachers.

"your contributions will be used for the snacks of the athletes. and—"

"excuse me, ma'am." joy entered the room. she went to the teacher and whispered something on her ear.

the teacher displayed a dismayed look. she gave joy a nod. joy then left the room.

"class, i have an announcement." the teacher sat on her chair and clasped her hands.

"irene had an accident during their pep squad practice. she had injuries, including a dislocated ankle and a broken forearm." the teacher was sad for irene and for what happened happened to her.

"obviously, irene can't compete in the pageant," she added.

"so who'll be our female representative?" suhyun asked.

the teacher gazed at jisoo and smiled at her.

taehyung heaved a sigh of relief and felt really happy as well. he knew what the teacher was going to say and hearing it would be music to his ears.

jisoo wasn't glad at all. she started to sweat buckets of water while crossing her fingers, hoping that what she was thinking wouldn't happen.

but fate liked playing with her.

"everyone, meet our new representative..." the teacher stood up and beamed a smile.

"...kim jisoo."

hee3y fyi i LOVE BAE IRENE (!) I
DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO HURT HER
CHARACTER BUT I HAD TO.
mianheee~

wish me luck for rspc guyseu!
take care~ xoxo.

—raisha