Chapter eleven.

When Jason comes to, he's in an unfamiliar room.

His head throbs and it takes everything in him to not just flop back down and fall asleep again.

Kevin lies asleep on Alexander's shoulder, snoring quietly as Alex's head rests softly on Kevin's head of raven locks.

Jason sits up with a groan- half expecting another meadow to be doodled on his arm but instead his arm is blank- clear of any colours or shapes.

He turns and sees Astrid watching him calculatingly from the floor across from him.

He doesn't speak, just staring for a moment.

She looks as if she wants to speak— but he can see the look in her eyes— she's fighting with herself.

"How long have I been here?"

His voice is raspy and broken- more so then usual and in that instant he remembers all that's happened in the past few hours.

His tone seems to be enough to drag Kevin and Alex from their sleep.

"Huh?" Alexander blurts.

"How long have I been here?"

"Four hours- maybe five."

He nods, running his fingers over his face.

There's a silent question that hangs over them- what had happened.

"Social Anxiety, severe Social Anxiety with just a touch of Clusterphobia, General Anxiety Disorder, and severe touch of Depression," Jason says dryly.

He watches there mouths drop, and he runs his fingers over his face again, "Please don't look at me like that, every me looks at me like that when they find out."

They can hear the breaks in his voice as he talks— perhaps even the ones that seemed the strongest were truly broken.
                                              •••
This time as Jason sits in the waiting room besides Astrid, he's not peppy or bright- it's clear that he's been crying and he hasn't gotten any sleep and for what Astrid doesn't quite know.

She was afraid to get close to him now— he had been there for her, even if it meant hurting himself and she could see that now but giving so much had left him with so little.

"Mister Blossom?"

Astrid glances at him— he hadn't seemed to hear the assistant.

His blue eyes are fixated on a chip in the paint, deep in thought, breaths slow and eyes blinking slowly.

"Mister Blossom?"

"Huh? I'm so sorry," He murmurs, rising to his feet.

Astrid watches him walk away, ringing his sweatshirt in his hands nervously.

She gnaws on her bottom lips quietly, and shakes her head.

She never thought she'd admit it- she missed his bubbly personality.

Everything was so much more bland without the Jason she'd come to know.
                                          •••
"You're mother is driving me home," Jason states, coming up behind Astrid, hands shoved deep in his pockets.

It seemed to be a nervous habit of his.

They sit in silence for a long time, waiting for Astrid's mother to appear.