Chapter twenty four

"Hey, Alexander?" The raven boy turns eyes searching around before they land on Jason, but he knows why, "You can find her either can you?"

Alex shakes his head nervously, "I thought she was with you, she's been acting more secretive lately. Jason, I'm terrified."

"Hey, I'll find her. Go talk with Kevin, I'll be back soon."

"But I-"

Jason rests his hands on Alexander's shoulders, "Look, I know where she is if she isn't in the house, okay?"

He nods nervously, before Jason sends him a half smile, "Go hang out with, Kevin. He looks pretty lonely."

Alexander nods softly and Jason turns, jogging up the stairs.

He searches through each and every room until he hears the sounds of the television coming from the living room.

He follows it quietly, finding a video of a young strawberry blonde running around with a matching head of hair, a raven haired toddler giggling and chasing them on his chubby legs.

Jasons eyes find the middle of the room, seeing Astrid's sunset orange dress encircling her as she sits- most like criss cross applesauce, head directed at the television.

A intricate braid of some type- jason was never too keen on hair or makeup or fashion in general. All he knew was it was beautiful on her.

He takes another moment to glance her over. She doesn't seem like she's crying, her shoulders aren't bobbing and her breaths aren't shaky.

So he walks behind her, sitting besides her, carefully scoot her dress so he doesn't sit on the frills.

There aren't tears on her blushed cheeks, but she's not happy either.

She gnaws on her bottom lip, and he can see the dimples carved into her cheeks.

He hadn't realised they were there before.

Jason only takes off his tuxedo jacket, draping it over her shoulders, glancing up at the screen.

She just silently rests her head on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around her small shoulders.

She starts crying quietly, and he wraps his other arm around her, completely encircling her waist— her head on his chest.

She sighs, pulling away to listen to his racing heart, "I miss her... I miss me."

He shakes his head, kissing the top of hers softly, "You're still you, you'll always be you. You're just a bit older now, you've learned a lot more. You're you though, and everything broken can be fixed with enough glue."

She sighs lightly snuggling into his chest lightly, he runs his fingers over her back, encapsulating her in a warm hug.

She just sits and for the first time since she lost Arden, she only thinks of how warm she feels inside and out.
                                •••
Alexander practically slams his lips against Kevin- trying to keep their shirts on so they don't ruin the couch.

Alexander seems to disagree, pulling at the flannel covering Kevin's white shirt.

Kevin tugs his fingers through Alexander's raven locks, pressing his lips against Alexander more.

But then the door clicks open and they stare in horror at the sound of footsteps.

They were caught.

The scramble, but they're not quick enough because just as the person rounds the corner, alexander is trying desperately to shove his head in his shirt.

And then Astrid appears around the corner.

She stares at them for a moment before her eyes widen in realisation.

They were about to— she doesn't want to think about that.

Nope, nah, nu-uh, that was cancelled. A firm no.

She did not ever want the visuals of her brother doing the dirty deed.

Ever.

She wishes there was a brain wiper.

"Proceed." She says softly— and hurriedly, eyes terrified.

And then she jogs up the stairs, leaving them in the dust.

That was the second time Kevin had heard her speak, but he could tell from the look on Alex's face that he hadn't heard it yet.

He gently slips out from under Kevin and sprints up the stairs, taking the hard mahogany floor step by step, slowly but surely catching Astrid in a hug as he starts to cry.

She wraps her arms around him and he just cries harder.

She kissed his forehead lightly before pulling him back into her.

"Say something more."

"I forgot what my own voice sounded like," She says lightly.

He smiles, pulling her in tighter, "Me too."

Kevin makes his way up slowly behind, smiling lightly as his boyfriend cries on his sisters shoulder.

Kevin loved Alexander.

Sure it might've started as a fling but now he wasn't sure what he would do if Alexander left him.

The late night talks and warm cuddles were all he'd ever wanted from someone else- preferably a male.

And so, he just smiles at the two, watching as Astrid pats down the ruffled raven locks upon Alexander's head.

Kevin smirks quietly when he catches sight of the hickey on Alexander's neck.

He shakes away the thought, and as the two siblings pull away, he murmurs, "Your voice sounds just as I imagined it would."

Astrid grins quietly, walking over and hugging Kevin tightly.