Chapter thirty five

Astrid slips into the house, praying quietly that her parents weren't home, counting on her little brother to have brought Kevin along—

Who was she kidding, that boy lived in Alexander's bedroom.

She finds a familiar head of dark chocolate hair on the back of the couch, the television illuminating the dark room.

But where was Alex?

She circles quietly around the couch, finding her little brother curled up on the lap of his boyfriend as he breaths in and out softly. 

Kevin smiles at her, and she watches his cheeks tint in the dark from being seen cuddling with his boyfriend.

They were so damn cute.

"I'll leave you guys, alone."

"Astrid?"

She turns softly, looking at her brothers boyfriend with eyes that have finally begun to regain the innocence she'd thought she'd lost all those years ago.

"He loves me, right?"

"He adores you with every fibre of his being, totally and completely."

Kevin smiles to himself, before asking, voice still nervous, "Your parents like me, right?"

"They love you."

"A-And what about you?"

"You make my brother happy, as far as I'm concerned, you're already my brother in law," She says gently, "Take care of my little brother for me. I know I haven't done to great of a job."

She sends him a half smile, before she starts walking out of the room, "Astrid?"

She turns softly, "He loves you."

"Alex?"

He shakes his head, "Jason... I've never seen him look at anyone the way he looks at you. I just thought you should know."

Her smile grows a little more, not quite reaching her eyes, before she strides out.

                             •••
When Astrid reaches Jason's door, she quietly tips open the deep rich coloured oak, leaning on the door frame when she sees the red haired boy she'd grown to love so much.

He sits on the bed, head drooping against the head board, his breaths slow and eyes closed.

He wasn't asleep though.

One hand rests between his head and the bed frame, the other resting on his chest, fingers tapping quietly, a pair of earbuds in his ears.

She glances over his outfit- it was a very Jason Blossom-like outfit, more like a Cheryl's doll Jason Blossom like outfit.

He wore a pair of khakis, and a deep burgundy button up on. The tan pants were cuffed to his shins, and he'd unbuttoned and untucked the shirt to reveal a white t-shirt beneath.

But there she rests against the door, hand shoved deep in the pockets of her ripped overalls.

She wonders if he feels her presence, because those beautiful sea blue eyes of his peak open, glancing across the room only to meet her gaze.

He sends her a gentle smile, starting to pull the earbuds from his ears when she sets her bag and keys down haphazardly on the ground, walking over, clambering besides him.

His eyes follow her the entire way, until she crosses her legs, shoulders and thighs brushing against his broad frame.

"What're you listening to?"