CHP.1 First meeting

The Professor tracked me down a few days ago, so here I am, dressed in my usual suit (picture) being pushed down endless twists & turns. Right now, I can't thank the maker enough for gifting me with eidetic memory.

They placed me into a white room. The walls, bed & well, everything is white. The lack of color influences a strong melancolie. The men that led me here spoke.

“ Sit at the table, the professor will be here to interview you.”

‘... snarky.’

The corners of my mouth tightened into an unimpressed smirk. The rooms lack of color doing nothing to placate my anger.

“As you wish”

I sit at the table as requested. Soon the “Professor” enters the room, his movements are strained… he's in pain. He slowly sits down, with the help of the back of the chair.

Let’s see, pain in the back, probably also legs, veins aren't prominent despite his age, probably just osteoporosis.

The professor kindly smiles at me.

“ I am sorry for the rough handling, these brutes don't know courtesy. How are you Mrs…?”

I look at him with an eyebrow raised, I laugh.

“Please, just call me Ven, I am fine thank you for asking. At least there is one person who knows the meaning of respect.”

The professor lowers his head and tries to hide his laughter.  He lifts his head,

“Yes, I suppose they could be more gentle with our new guests.”  his shoulders relax.

“So what is this place anyways prof?” He blinks, a little embarrassed he did not mention where we are before they locked me in a room.

“Ah, yes. Welcome to the B.R.P.D base. It stands fo-”

“Bureau for paranormal research and defense, I know. I meant the room.”

The professor looks a dismantled at my pre-dispositioned knowledge of this secret section of the home security departement.

“Oh, this is just a temporary holding room until we figure out what kind of person you are. I mean, in terms of what we should outfit your room with, or if we should room you with one of our pre-existing mutants, etcetera.”

I cross my arms & put my right leg over my left, leaning back into my chair seething an air of disappointment.

“ So I'm here whether I like it or not? Ever think I could break out? I mean, you don't know what I am do you?”

The professor sits up straight, despite the pain it puts him in.

“Then tell me Ven… What are you?”

I laugh and relax my form. My legs uncross & my elbows come to rest on my knees.  I look pointedly at the Professor.

“Mr.Broom, do you believe in fairy tales?”

The professor cocks his head slightly to the side. The confusion evident on his face.

‘Fairy tales?’ -the professor thinks to himself.

“Well I've seen my fair share of the supernatural if that's what you’re asking…”

I shake my head at his response.

“No that’s not what I'm getting at….. How do I put it….

I'm a elven god, professor Broom.”