CHP.3 Opening up

Abe reeled at what he saw. The death, the torture. He felt emotions that were not his own and he was overwhelmed. The sadness, loneliness the pure dread that was held in her being was tragic. He has knowledge of her now, like her immortality - and every event where she tried and failed to take her own life. Abe has never experienced this amount of pain before. He felt ….. Nothing. The emotions overtook his being, the sadness was the only thing he felt and even though that was a strong emotion, it dulled his being to the very core. Abe decided then, he would nurture a perfect environment to expel the pain inside her. He would make her feel again, he would make her feel loved despite the potential costs.

                        ...

Abe decided to take me into his environment to relinquish the costs of having to built new housing for me. It isn't to bad to live with abe… he's very quiet and i have access to a mound of information, giving that his housing is within a library. They are planning to build me a smaller separate room to account for my privacy needs. I am not required to sleep so they are planning to make a smaller room. Days went by and the routine of seclusion began again in another day. I separate myself from abe, i am not sure why i feel the need to; maybe out of respect or some sub-conscious feeling, i don't know. I do know abe is starting to feel more and more anxious about my well-being. I can feel his emotions and read his thought, although i prefer not to do the latter for obvious privacy reasons. He knows of my past and is noticeably disturbed by what he has seen. I understand of course, me being a god of war- there isn't any pleasant thoughts left in my head. As i finish my inner monologue, abe informs me that food has arrived, it is purely for pleasure reasons that i eat; for i do not require sustenance that carbon based life forms need. I don't even need oxygen. Again it is a pleasure that i indulge myself with, maybe to try and grasp some sort of resemblance within this world.

Abe sees me walk out of the earth history isle and he strikes a conversation with me.

“ i would very much enjoy a book from your heritage.” i was slightly taken aback by his comment, my mind reeling and stumbling over itself to find a reasonable excuse as to why he would be interested in me.

“ what do you mean?” abe smiles.

“ i am quite interested in you. I'll admit to trying to find a work of literature about you already and i have found nothing. You are truly unique aren't you.” i blushed.

“My people's literature is in elven. I'm afraid it is illegible to you.” abe cocks his head.

“ is there a book of your language? Something i could learn off of?” i blush even harder and scratch the back of my neck in an awkward flurry of emotions i am not familiar with. I come up with my answer.

“ i could teach you.” abe smiles and stands. He maked his way over to me and rests his gloved hand on my cheek.

“ i would love that.”

Only a few days later, i sat down with abe and began teaching him my language. He learnt quickly but he had trouble with some of the honorifics and pronunciations. He was confused about our sub-vocals. Although you cannot see any mandibles on our facial constructions, we are able to produce sub-vocals and harmonic trills in our speech. Over the years of being silent hunters we have developed a second set of vocal chords, which permit us to develop those kinds of sounds- which in turn are not audible to most.

‘ abe seems to have an overdeveloped sense of hearing, maybe due to his mutation.’ He has progressed far in our language, his spelling and reading is close to perfect. I have also decided to teach him the silent speech of our people during our hunts. It is just a series of hand motions, much like sign language but slightly more developed, giving we have used this method for thousands of years.

After a week of teaching, abe has mastered our language enough for basic speech and normal litterature. I have decided to gift him with the literature of our people. I will give him two books, one of more complicated writing and speech methods, and the other of our history. The second book goes into detail about the complete history of our society of gods. There is over three hundred pages of history about my bloody past. I am nervous to discover what his reaction will be to what i have done. I walk over to his tank and start removing his current books.

“Ven? What are you doing?” I replace two of his books with the ones that i got him.

“ They are very old, ask the professor to handle them with gloves. They are under a protective shield, as they are used to a much different environment and close them at night, so the pages don’t rot.” i left immediately, to guilty to stay in his presence for too long.

“Ven!” i heard abe call from behind me as i rushed out of the library. I went to go visit the professor, to get away from abe and to inform him of the books. I enter his office quite abruptly, still a little dismantled from what just took place in the library. He stared at me quite unfazed. I took two minutes to collect my thoughts and the professor stood quietly waiting.

“ Right. Well. I have gifted abe with two books, they are from my realm and are not accustomed to earth's environment so i will ask you to handle them with gloved hands and keep them closed whenever possible.” The professor smiled.

“ What is the contents of these books, if i may ask?” i grew increasingly uncomfortable.

“ I am sure abe would be happy to inform you of the details.” i walked out of the room seeking a forgiving environment. One without a barrage of questions would fit, so I made my way to red's room.