CHP.8 Lazarius

That book has become a warning to me, I fear that the BRPD will fall to the same fate as Le’thalin. Fire and Ash plague my dreams every night since i found his name; now preparing  myself for war once again. I feel attuned to my people when i run through my training rituals, as i strengthen myself for the day the Dread Wolf will come for me, my people are reaching out through a veil. They beg me to avenge them, the malicious intent in their pleas drive me. When we meet, there will be one leaving; the God of war has once again awakened.

Fen Her’al will fear me.

Red enters the training ground, his pistol slung over his shoulder. I scowl as the smell of cat invades my personal space, interrupting the concentration i held.

“Hey Ven, whats up? You've been training your ass off for the past couple of days.”

I growl as i swing my dual blades at the unfortunate target dummy in front of me. When i don't answer Red becomes concerned, zeroing in on my personal space. I don't stop my swings forcing Red to stay a safe distance from me. Each strike has a fatal impact on the dummy, sweat pours down my face as each swing makes its mark. Red speaks again but i ignore him, my frustration and fear has pushed me over a cliff- having no way to stop my descent. The Dread Wolf will fall.

“VEN!” My movements stutter and Red takes that chance to pull my shoulders and disarm me. My panting swallows the silence that follows, Red burrows deep into my eyes; his eyebrows crease in an odd way.

“What the hell is happening Ven.” I snarl at Red, my canins gleam in the bright fluorescent lighting. Red looks surprised, pulling back a fraction of an inch.

“Stay out of it Red, this one's not for you.” The tone of my voice was melancholic despite my facial features showing every bit of my anger. The P.A systems shrill whine withdraws my attention.

“Agent 17 Please report to the library.” I can recognize that voice anywhere, Abe. The sound calms me completely and i face Red with a new demeanor.

“Duty calls Red.” I smile while sheathing my blades and walk to the library with a bounce in my step; it couldn't be any farther away.  Red is left confused and more concerned in the training grounds, his brow remains creased as he watches my back as i leave. His gut tells him something big is seriously wrong. And what kind of person would Red be if he didn't follow his gut no matter what kind of protocol he would break?

Ven reaches the library in record time, Abe waits for her while leaning on a bookshelf. Once she sees him she runs to embrace him, they share a moment of placidity as they both smile and laugh, being as close as they can to each other.

I suppose it's because they both know in the coming days, all of this could end in the blink of an eye. Ven has no idea how strong the Dread Wolf has become or how powerful she has to become to once and for all, banish him to the Veil. A fate he gave his brothers and sisters, left to rot for an eternity in blackness. Abes words return to me from weeks ago. ‘What a fitting environment.’ I giggle and abe looks at me with an eyebrow quirked up in a silent question. I answer by smiling and tucking myself deeper into the crook of his neck. He laughs and hold me tighter to him, i feel the reverberation in his chest and sigh in contentment.

“I missed you.” Abes words melt my heart.

“I missed you too.”

.    . .

Another day passes at the BRPD just like any other, the atmosphere should feel normal but Ven feels on edge- like someone is following her. She spent her morning with Abe and then once she left the library there was another set of eyes on her. She leads them through endless hallways, turn after turn, but they persisted; whoever is following her knows the building- did Coulson set this up? Her training kicks in as a minor panic settles into her core, instinct drives her to maintain a level head. She leads them to an open lounge area to confront them, and as her pursuer stumbles into plain view she swears.