CHP.4 Panic

“ What is the contents of these books, if i may ask?” i grew increasingly uncomfortable.

“ I am sure abe would be happy to inform you of the details.” i walked out of the room seeking a forgiving environment. One without a barrage of questions would fit, so I made my way to red's room.

I quietly knocked on the door and red’s booming voice told me to come in. i slowly opened the door, a little nervous. I have never been alone in a room with the brute man.

“ For fucks sake just come in.” At that i rushed in and stood awkwardly at the door.

“Ven? What are you doing here?” i relaxed only a little.

“ i just need a place to chill out. Somewhere with no abe.” Red laughed and waved me over to sit on the couch. I dropped my chest armour with a ground shaking thud. Then ungracefully fell onto the sofa, legs up as well.

“ Damn Ven, that armour is some really heavy shit.” i smiled.

“You should try and lift my hammer.” Red shook his head and laughed- assumingly getting my reference to the norse god thor- and turned his attention back to the television. I was comfortable around red, he was someone who could absorb negativity in seconds. I cherished our friendship even if it was relatively new. I decided to disclose my issues to Red.

“Hey red can you listen for a second? I need an ear.” Red furrows his black eyebrows.

“Yeah sure Ven, what's eating at you?” I understood that to be an expression, although i wasn't familiar with it.

“ Abe. i don't know what it is about him but he makes me want to tell him everything i have ever kept a secret. I feel attached to him. I have even disclosed a book of my people's history as gods, which includes three hundred pages of myself. Ven Hassearath, the bloody, un-forgiving god of war.” i smiled and shook my head at my stupidity.

‘I should have never givin him that book.’  i was shaken out of my thoughts by reds small laugh.

“ Well, you're on a fucked up path Ven.” i tilted my head.

“If you keep going the way you're going you're gonna fall in love. It's not a bad thing but it comes with consequences. Look at me - i fell in love and i got really fucked up. But that doesn't mean the same thing will happen to you, it's just a risk you will have to take i suppose.” I sat in thought for a long while. Thinking over what Red told me. I have seen the emotional effect Red has taken by being heartbroken, could i take that much more damage? I have already been torn apart.

“ what do you think red.” over the time i was thinking, red has turned his attention back to the TV.

“ W-What? “ I shook my head.

“What do you think i should do.” Red smiled kindly at my smaller form.

“ what your heart tells you. If it thinks it can take the negative possibility, trust it.”

Overtime my friendship with red developed into a strong bond. What ever kind or relation i have with abe has gotten more awkward since my talk with red. Ive realized the implications of further action with abe. I’ve decided over a longer period of time that the appropriate course of action would be to as red would say, “ burn my bridges.” over about a week i have stopped communication with abe to the best of my abilities, i have come to notice that the color blue and the smell of saline has put me on edge. My instincts have kicked in on more than one occasion, to be quite honest, i have grown concerned about my mental state and how attached to Abe i have really become. Once i stopped communication with abe i could hear his thoughts. He thinks he has done something to upset me, he feels anguish and guilt over an action he has not committed. Not only have i hurt myself in this process but i have also hurt someone who was once close to me.

I sit now on the roof of the institution during the fall season. The yellow and red leaves do something to calm my thoughts as i take in the smell of death and the slight chill of the fall wind against my fragile skin. I notice the lack of life in the small ravine not far from the institution; what once was full of signs of plantlife and animals- things i have never once seen- now sits dying. I can relate to the smell of death as i have taken in such a smell before; the environment here is much different than the battlefield. There is no red stain on the barren land as this place is full of color; the blinding white sun beams down in my eyes but holds no warmth to comfort me from the fall chill.

“ What a fitting environment.”

I hear abe's solid voice behind me and he sets me into a panic as i struggle to think of how i could resolve my current situation. I haven't thought of a tactic before abe sits next to me and i figuratively sign away my life. I try my hardest not to smell the saline coming off of his body, and not to hear his chest fall up and down from his steady breathing. My mind has been sent into a permanent flurry of thoughts and i do not register his voice one he starts to address me once again. My hands clutch the fabric that tightly embraces my legs and from the panic running through my mind, i cannot come up with a reasonable excuse to flee from abe. So- due to my lack of thought process- i jump.