CHP.7 Fen Her'al

AN: Hey everybody, i'm officially back at school which means i'm updating again! By the way, the video at the top is to be played later in the story, ill leave a cue. Thanks!

The red light around the BRPD were blinding, the sirens were deafening but Ven tuned everything out. She saw what caused the alarms along with four bodies of lost agents. The Monster snarled and growled as it snapped his jaws at her. Its spit wet her face; with a grimace she wiped it off and drew her weapons. It barreled towards her in a messy and violent flurry of movement. She side steps to the left, as it misses her by a fraction on an inch, her earpiece draws her attention to Reds voice.

"Abes got it Ven, Good old force will kill it." I press my finger to the earpiece as the monster gets ready to charge again.

"Roger Red."

As i draw my blades from by back, a deadly gleam flashes from them; the beast has grown irritated. My dual blades leave a comfortable weight in my hands, the soft leather of the handles calms my nerves and sharpens my senses. My body focuses clearly on the being in front of me, i'm calm like a still lake. Before the beast can charge again, Power erupts from me. I am surrounded in yellow light, the weight of my spiritual pressure crushes everything in my near surrounding- my eyes shifted colors to match my aura. It startled the monster, as he charged once again I jump into the air. Time slows as I spin; the barbs on my blade catch the skin of the beast and rips a gash down his spine. As time speeds up again, i land with one knee on the floor to balance myself. The being crashed to the ground with a ear splitting howl. I flinch and grip my blades tighter, the leather chafing my palms. Standing, i relax while i looked ever my shoulder to surveil the beast. It rose once again, limping- anger drove it to save its last breath. It howled and cried as it limped towards me, its animalistic fight or flight instincts keeping it from rolling over and dying. I sheathed my blades as i knew the creature wouldn't make it to me. Before its teeth could graze the skin of my neck, it collapsed onto the floor. Drawing its last breath, its chest deflated and never rose again. My spiritual pressure cleared the room like a wave and sound returned. I clicked my earpiece.

"Tango Down." I could hear abe chuckle from Reds mic.

"Like clockwork Ven. Seven minutes and fourteen seconds."Red sounded proud.

I smile as i see the team enter from the Panic Room. The BRPD was in a mess but no one seemed to be to bothered. Abe approaches me and lightly kisses my forehead before joining a couple of agents to collect samples from the downed beast, i smile as i watch him walk away. The coroners pass me with four stretchers between eight men; always an unwelcome sight, my thoughts tell me i could have been sooner. A heavy stone dropped suddenly onto my shoulder and i squeaked loudly.

When i turn i see that it was reds hand on my shoulder, he laughs.

"Jesus Ven, Still on guard or something?"

I flush red with embarrassment, i'll never admit it, but since i've been here i've softened. Exponentially. You could say at one point, i was cold hearted but i've made a family and i consider this place to be my home. A lot of my new demeanor is because of Abe, that bastard softened me more than anyone else ever could. It worries me to a certain extent, for i don't know what challenges i might face in near future and being as soft as i am, it could be detrimental. I have a lot of enemies as a god of war as such my enemies arent something to be joked about.

" Hey Ven, come back to earth buddy." Red pulls my shoulder to face him.

I bounce back from my shock and my laugh comes out a little shaky. Red throws a critical eye at me.

" You ok Ven? You're all wound up." I smile and nod my head.

" I'm fine Red, nothing to worry about. I think i'm just caught up in my thoughts. "He nods and lets go of my shoulders.

"Just checking in." I nod and take a step back, looking around the room i notice abe feeling up the dead thing.

"Jesus Abe, with the way you're touching that thing you should be taking it to diner first."

The room fills with laughter; Abe looks to me and shakes his head, his smirk catches my eye. Everyone continues their work and me and Red are left to our own devices. After all were not needed for anything but pointing a gun at something and pulling the trigger.

Agent coulson yells from across the room at me and Red.

"Agents, I expect a report in the next day!" Me and Red look to each other and share a knowing smirk; It will be weeks before a sentence gets put on that guys desk.

I wave Red a goodbye and retreat to the library, i'll probably just read something while waiting for Abe; the examination usually take about forty minutes to do- give or take. Throwing myself onto the couch in the library, I grab the nearest book sitting on the floor-

PLAY

Fen Her'al - History on the Dread Wolf

I drop the book like it burnt me. I shudder as i see it lie face down, open on the floor. A cold sweat suffocates me as memories of war and nightmarish creatures enveloping Le'thalin plague me. The screams of my brothers and sisters, the fire... the death. Anguish and despair blanket Le'thalin, suffocating us. The weaker of my people scramble for their lives - i see some who crawl. Panic preventing them from using their legs, the smoke slowly incapacitates those who can walk. Before me stands the proud man who did this all, Fen Her'al. He stands tall amongst the terror and trepidation, proud of his work; his face is covered in the blood of his brothers and sisters but he only smirks. The mirth in his eyes is shadowed by the ash falling from the sky like a heavy rain. The ground is blanketed in red and gray, those who have fallen to Fen Her'al are only buried moments later by inches of ash. Our home falls to fire behind the Dread Wolf, some of our people running out smothered in fire, adding to the screams flooding my ears. The sun above our heads burns bright through the torrent of ash and i find myself powerless, to mentally weak to fight. As i drop to my knees the last thing i hear Fen Her'al say before he disappears is,

"Applaud, friends, the comedy is finished."

The oak doors opening tear me away from my memories. I scramble to hide the book under the couch ; Abe comes into view, greeting me with a smile on his face. I return a smile that didn't reach my eyes, seeing me clearly troubled, Abe sits next to me.

"Ven?" I lean into him, finding comfort in his warmth. As he puts his arm around me- helping me in a time of need- I feel cold in realization, the Dread Wolf has haunted my dreams since that day and now that book, in plain view. The Dread Wolf has found me - i'm cornered.

"He found me." Immediate concern steels Abes face.

"Who." I shudder as the smell of ash fills my nose, a solemn placidity washing over me.

"Fen Her'al."