CHP.5 Attack

“VEN!”

Abe reaches for me as i fall, assumingly momentarily forgetting that i am immortal, as such i cannot die from the fall. The cold wind burns my face as i fall four stories down, falling faster as time slows. I land on my feet, the concrete cracks around me from the weight of my armour timed by the velocity of my fall. The dust of the rubble assaults my sense of smell and dries my eyes. I take a breath before retreating into the building again to find comfort and refuge within reds room, as the feds scatter to find the source of the disturbed rubble, i go out of my way to blend in. I don't think i could properly handle a confrontation at this moment, my mind is far to distraught to think strait. I barely remember the way to red's room, and as i arrive i barge through the doors making red jump. I clutch the side of the large metal door and unwillingly start to hyperventilate.

“Woah ven, hey calm down.” I clutch my chest in pain,my armor preventing my hand of making contact. Suddenly I feel claustrophobic and I begin to rip my armor off, my chest burns in agony as I do so. Tears prick my eyes in my panic,I squeeze my eyes shut and set my jaw as hard as I can to prevent the tidal wave of emotions of showing any further.

‘I am a god of WAR! My emotions should be TRIVIAL.’ my mind raced and reals as I struggle to maintain composure. The hyperventilation worsens as tears fall down my face. I feel the weight of reds hands which started me into submission. I clutch red in a tight hug, desperate for something I can hold onto and my emotions come crashing down in a flurry of sobs as red holds me tight. Red strokes my hair with his massive hand and guides me deeper in his room as he closes the door with his tail, he sits down on his couch with me in his lap. My nose plugs up and I can no longer smell the strong odor of cat that usually accompanies Red, although in my state of mind, that is the last thing my mind is focusing on. All I can feel is an onslaught of reaping emotion that strips my very being. I am rendered a mess of tears and heart wracking sobs, I clutch reds shirt harder as I convulse from the tightening of my chest.

“ Red, what i- is this?” i dont understand whats happening to me, besides the fear and crushing pain of the oncoming migraine, i don't understand what i'm feeling. Red holds me a little tighter as he replies in a soft and careful voice.

“ You're having a panic attack kid, you need to breath and talk to me about what just happened ok?” i try my hardest to calm my mind and slow my breathing, my body is taut and rigid but the more i breath, the more it relaxes and i settle further into red's lap. My sense of smell returns with my general awareness, i realize the position i'm in but i'm too tired to crawl from my friends lap and regain what pride i have left. I rest my head against his chest and match my breathing to his own, finally i feel the last of my tears fall down my face and as they tickle my nose i dry them with my palm.

“ alright Ven, tell me what just happened.” He gently pulls me away from his chest so he can see my face, i'm embarrassed to show my red and puffy features but i comply anyways. I take one last deep breath which relieves some pressure in my head and i tell Red about my interactions with Abe.

“ I don't really know what happened. My emotions were too strong Red, i didn't know how to deal with them. For fucks sake, i jumped off the fucking building to avoid just talking to abe. I couldn't think straight and one thing led to another and in the end i guess i had a panic attack. I was trying to sort things out on the roof, but then Abe showed up and i- Jesus Christ.” i sighed with resentment towards myself and i could see the comprehension dawn on Red's face. He smiled sadly and removed one of his hands from my shoulder to dry a tear i missed, his hands were rough but felt comforting in this vulnerable moment. Red blinked and took a moment before speaking.

“Kid, you need to sort things out with Abe, now. At this point whether you like it or not, you're in love. Just thinking about leaving abe sent you into a panic attack, you love him and that the end of it kid. For your own good you need to talk- or i'll do it for you.” My heart raced at what Red was saying. I could feel it pounding in my chest, it felt almost painful as my symbiotic system kicked into overdrive.

“ Red I can't. There are so many things wrong with confessing to abe. The biggest one being, i mean for fucks sake red, im a god. What kind of complications do you think come up when a hated god finds a true loves fucking tale with a mortal! Abe might die Red!” After my outburst i pull my hair, stand, and started to pace back and forth. Red sighed and put his arm on the back of the couch.

“Not only that, but i'm immortal. Which means if you didn't know, i live. Forever.” Red rolled his eyes at my obvious use of sarcasm.

“Ven. Stop. Look at what you're doing to yourself. All of this shit is because you won't talk to abe about how you honestly feel. Whether you like it or not Ven you have to listen to your heart. It's telling you what it wants, and by adamantly refusing it like an idiot, you’re seriously hurting yourself and abe. Who gives a shit if things don't work out! It’s not the end of the world!” i sigh and collapsed to the floor. Beaten.

Red sighs my name.

“Ven- Please. For the health of you, me, and everyone around you. Just fucking talk to Abe. It won't kill you.” I groaned and caught my head in my hands. The once soft texture of my hair has turned rough. I have admittedly lost the motivation to take care of myself in the past few days….. That thought struck me. I have been neglecting my body because of my own selfish feelings. The temple i have been taught to worship my entire life has now been reduced to a sad ruin. My skin, what was one soft as velvet now feels close to sand, my hair has become tangled and brittle, my eyes have lost their glow, and my mental state has become a shamble of emotion. As i take a minute to compose myself, i close my eyes.

“ Ok Red, you win. But before i do anything, i need time to compose myself. I have only now realised the mess i am in. I apologise.” Red Lets out a hearty laugh and roughly pulls me up to my feet with his cold, stone hand.

“Now get the hell out of my room.” i smile and make my way out to the shower in my room- through the library.