Chapter Twenty Five

NOAH DRIVES THE two of us out past the town, and I still have no idea where we're going, but I'm excited nevertheless

NOAH DRIVES THE two of us out past the town, and I still have no idea where we're going, but I'm excited nevertheless. My hand still rests in his, and the soft motion of his thumb rubbing the back of my hand is going to drive me insane.

After a few more minutes of driving through empty fields, we finally pull into a parking lot, but I still can't see anything. "Where are we?"

Noah chuckles, getting out of the car and walking over to my side before I even unbuckle my seat belt. My door pops open, and he offers a hand to help me get out. "You'll see in a few seconds."

The two of us walk hand in hand, weaving through the cars, and I gasp when I read the large sign over the entrance. "You brought me to the pumpkin patch?"

He smiles, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to his side. "I figured it's getting pretty close to Halloween and it's something fun for the two of us to do." He suddenly pulls away to look at me, a worried expression on his face. "Is it okay? We can totally go somewhere else if you want to, I just thought it would be nice for the two of us to pick some pumpkins, maybe go on a hayride or through the maze but if you hate it we can–"

I cut off his rambling by placing my hands on each of his cheeks and pulling his mouth down to mine. He still makes me feel like my legs are going to collapse every time we kiss, but in the best way possible. "Noah, this is perfect."

He smiles again and the two of us walk through the entrance. We decide to stick with just the hayride and picking pumpkins, promising to come back with everyone else for the corn maze.

Noah helps me step up onto the cart, following in right behind. I make a move to sit down on one of the benches, but Noah pulls me down onto his lap instead. It's impossible to fight the blush that colors my cheeks, but Noah just chuckles. Instead of pulling away, I snuggle farther into his embrace.

The cart fills up with adults, families, and teenagers alike, everyone excited for the ride. The driver of the tractor is a chatty older man, telling us about everything on the farm as we drive around. It's nice to just be able to relax with Noah, and the farm around us is beautiful.

We pass through melon fields and strawberry greenhouses, and the almond orchards are beautiful this time of year. Noah's arms are wrapped around my body, pulling me back into his chest. The air has definitely cooled down since summer, and I'm grateful for the warmth he provides me.

Pretty soon the ride is over and we park next to one of the pumpkin fields, and the man says we should try to be back within fifteen minutes to head back to the main farm. Noah's hands finally release me, and the slight sadness I feel at that surprises me. It doesn't take long for his hand to lace through mine again as we step off the cart.

"What kind of pumpkin are you looking for?" Noah asks me, looking completely serious.

I laugh, confused. "I don't know, probably an orange one? That's round?"