Too Busy For The Broken

Maya was standing at Riley's locker talking to her best friend when their other best friend, Farkle Minkus, walked up to them with a smile.

"Riley, Maya, my two loves. We're in junior high now and I have decided that it is time to choose one of you to be Farkle's girlfriend." He annouced happily.

Maya rolled her eyes. "Please choose Riley."

Riley chuckled and smiled at Farkle. "Farkle, we already told you that-"

"It's you, Riley. It's always been you. Maya is a very pretty face and a cool friend, but I love you." Farkle looked from Riley to Maya then back. Before Riley could speak he continued. "I love your giggle, it's my favorite sound in the whole world. I love your smile and your eyes. I love how goofy you are and when anything happens in my life you are the first one I think about calling. You are like the sun and I am like mars and together we can rule the universe. Please be my girlfriend?"

Riley smiled sweetly at his words, then her smile fell and she leaned over to Maya. "What do I do? I kind of want to say yes."

"Really? I thought we both didn't like him in that way. Right, Riley?"

"I'm kinda starting to like him in that way. What do I do, Maya! Help me!"

Farkle waited while they whispered not so quietly to each other in front of him. He smiled proudly when he heard that he had finally earned Riley's love. "I'll wait, Riley. I'll wait forever for you." He added then he started to walk away from them.

"Maya?!"

"Just say yes already, if you want to say yes!"

"Farkle! Wait!" Riley said turning away from Maya. "Yes!" He turned. "Yes!"

He grinned and walked back over to them. "Yes?"

Riley grinned and nodded. "Yes. I said yes. I'll be your girlfriend."

Farkle stared at her then he grabbed her face in his hands and kissed her.

"You sure?" He asked when he pulled away.

Riley sighed happily, in a daze. "Yes. I love you too."

"That escalated quickly." Maya chuckled.

Farkle took Riley's hand in his and they walked to class leaving Maya behind at their lockers.

Maya sighed and rolled her eyes. "Great now I have to walk faster to keep up with the new lovebirds. I hate effort."

She got to class and saw Riley and Farkle staring at each other and smiling.

"Yeah, that won't get annoying." She muttered sarcastically, sighing. "Uh, Riles?... Riles?... Riley!"

Riley turned and smiled at Maya. "Maya, isn't Farkle just the cutest."

Farkle grinned.

Maya made a weird face. "Yeah, adorable, uh, he's in my seat. I sit behind you in every class."

"Well, um, you can sit beside me!" Riley said looking at the empty seat. "We're in junior high now so Farkle can sit behind me and you can sit even closer! Right beside me!" Riley said with a grin.

Maya sighed and plopped down in the seat beside Riley. "Sure. Whatever."

Riley turned back to Farkle. "Sooo where were we?" She giggled.

"Staring into each other's eyes." He replied.

"This is gonna annoy me." Maya mumbled.

She heard a loud gasp accompanied by a shriek and looked up to see their teacher, Riley's father.

"When did that happen?!" He yelled and she smiled.

"It's junior high. Farkle finally chose between us. Riley won. Oh well." Maya shrugged like she didn't even care, because she really didn't. Then she started laughing. "What's the matter, Matthews, not ready?"

"Not ready! Not ready!" Cory panicked loudly.

A young man slipped into the classroom and into the only empty seat left, the seat behind Maya.

"Sir? Shouldn't you be teaching?" He asked.

Cory sighed. "Yes. I'll teach you something. You two quit that! Class time!"

Riley turned back around and Farkle looked at up the crazed teacher.

"Sorry Daddy." Riley giggled innocently.

"I love that giggle." Farkle stated with a happy sigh.

"I hate my life." Maya muttered making the boy behind her frown.