Kissing In The Hallway

Maya was standing by her locker, not really in the mood to see Riley after their fight, but since Riley's locker was right by hers she figured she would have to.

Darby walked over and opened the locker right beside hers.

"Uh.. That's Riley's locker."

"Not anymore. I traded to be closer to my Yogi Bear and she wanted hers closer to her man."

Maya rolled her eyes and mimed gagging. "That's just great."

"You should be happy for her. I don't get why you aren't."

Maya sighed. "I am, for both of them, but I just- I hate change."

Darby gave her a small smile. "Well life has to change. We all change as we get older." She looked over Maya's shoulder and smirked. "Maybe someone will change you too. Maybe soon."

Maya scoffed. "I'll never change. I can't. I am who I am."

Darby chuckled. "Okay. If you say so." She winked at her. "See ya."

Maya shook her head. "Weirdo."

"Hey, Maya." She heard Lucas say behind her so she turned around. He flashed her a smile. "Hey."

"Hi. What's up?"

"Not much." He shrugged. "I ate meatloaf last night, not one of my favorites. I shoulda just stayed with you and had some soup."

Maya opened her locker and put her backpack inside. "Yea, well, I um.. I just fell asleep after you left anyway." She shrugged.

Lucas leaned against the locker beside hers. "Well then I really shoulda stayed. We could have cuddled under the covers again."

Maya chuckled and playfully slapped his arm. "Then my mom woulda seen you when she came home and put me in the shed."

He laughed. "Cute."

She smirked. "I try." She started putting on lipgloss in her mirror.

He smiled and took her arm. He turned her around and kissed her lips catching her off guard.

"Mmm. Strawberry." Lucas said then he started chuckling.

"I- Wh- Why did you do that?"

He shrugged. "I wanted to know what flavor it was." He winked.

Maya scoffed and shook her head. "You could have asked!"

"Where's the fun in that?" He smirked. "You're a good kisser."

"Well, yeah, I- I mean duh."

He chuckled. "I totally got you flustered." He commented.

"N-N-No you didn't."

"Was that your first kiss?" He leaned in and whispered.

Maya scoffed again, but this time it was weak. "N-No. I've been kissed before. A lot. By a lot of guys." She stuttered out.

He grinned. "That was your first kiss." He commented cockily.

"Fine. So what?!" She yelled.

"You're totally blushing now."

She rubbed at her cheeks, but she knew she couldn't wipe away a blush so she slammed her locker and started walking away.

Lucas frowned. "Maya! Maya, wait!" He chased after her. "Hey! I'm sorry! Maya! Wait up!" He caught up to her and took her arm to make her face him. "I'm sorry. I was just teasing you."

Maya huffed. "Leave me alone."

"No, no, Maya. I'm sorry, okay? I mean it." He looked into her eyes and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "It was mine too."

"Yeah, sure it was." She rolled her eyes. "No girls in Texas wanted to kiss the cute Cowboy."

Lucas frowned. "I'm serious. It was. No girls in Texas wanted to kiss the loser that fell off the sheep." He sighed. "I'm serious."

Maya made a face. "You have to be serious because that was the weirdest excuse I ever heard." She started chuckling, but when he didn't laugh along she frowned. "You fell off a sheep?"

He pouted. "Junior rodeo. I fell off that sheep so fast." He whined coving his mouth with his hand. "And no girl wanted to kiss the loser who fell off of a sheep."

Maya moved his hand away from his mouth and kissed him. He kissed back smiling into the kiss.

"I do." Maya said when she pulled away. "I wanted to kiss the guy who rode a sheep." She said emphasizing that he wasn't a loser to her. "He kisses good too."

He grinned and grabbed her face kissing her again. "Thanks."

They heard someone clear their throats and they pulled apart.