Breakthrough

Maya was sitting on the chair, Topanga and Riley were both in the room with her, she was acting nervous.

"Maya? Is there a reason you are acting a little jumpy today?" The therapist asked.

"No." Maya lied without looking up at the woman.

"Would you like to talk about anything? Maybe we could discuss what happened to wrist? Or why you haven't been eating much lately?"

Maya kept looking down. "No." She shook her head.

"Mrs. Matthews told me you spit your wrist, is that true?"

Maya shut her eyes tightly. "Y-Yes. I-I did, but I wasn't trying to kill myself.. I just.. I wanted.." She sighed. "I don't know." She looked up.

"You don't know why you hurt yourself?"

Maya shrugged.

"Do you remember the last hung you thought about before you hurt yourself?"

"Jo-Jacob." Maya stuttered out quickly. "Just this guy."

"Did this guy hurt you? Did he upset you in some way?"

Maya took a shake breath. "He, um.." Her eyes started to water as the memory flooded her mind until it felt like she was drowning. Her hands shook as she brushed away her tears. "..took it." She finished in a small voice.

The therapist leaned toward her slightly. "What did he take? Did he steal something from you? Is that what upset you? What did he take?"

Maya closed her eyes and shook her head. "No. Get off. Get away from me." She wimpered pulling her feet up on the seat and her knees to her chest. Then she put her hands on her head to try to block the memory out, but it wasn't working. "Stop."

Topanga wanted to walk over and hold her, but she knew she couldn't interrupt what would most likely be a breakthrough into what was going on with the young girl.

"Maya? If you talk about it, just for awhile, I can help you. I can make it hurt less and then you won't want to hurt yourself so much."

Maya was shaking and crying on the chair. "Make him stop. Make it go away. I don't want to! Please, stop!"

"Maya, sweetie, focus. It already happened, but it will never happen again. You're safe here. You are safe in this room. You're best friend is here with her mom. Do they help make you feel safe?"

Maya looked up from her knees and saw their worried faces staring at her. "No."

She saw Riley's face fall and Topanga lick her lips.

"Would you like them to leave the room for now?"

Maya shook her head as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Would you like them to stay in here with you?"

Maya nodded as she sobbed. "Y-Yes. I d-don't want the d-door to open. He'll come in."

"We won't open the door. We won't let him anywhere near you. Tell me what happened to you, Maya. What did he take from you?" She asked.

Maya bit her lip to stop it from quivering, so hard she could taste the blood from it.

"Th-The door opened and h-he walked into the room, th-then he closed it and I heard it lock." She said shakily.