Silver Ribbons

Legolas gracefully twirled her in a gentle waltz, each and every one of his steps completely flawless, making her have to concentrate in order to follow. She could see Elrohir and Tadion sitting not to far from them, the latter laughing heartedly at whatever it was the younger twin was saying. Her insides felt as if they had been tied in a knot out of nerves as her eyes searched for Elladan through the crowd.

"What do you think the King is telling Elladan?" She asked her brother as he led her among the dancing couples. Legolas let out a laugh, his infinite blue eyes looking at hers amusedly.

"I do not have the faintest idea." He admitted, the lightness of his tone doing nothing to make her feel less anxious.

"Elladan will be fine, Rëa." He seemed to be able to read her thoughts inside her eyes, for he smiled at her reassuringly. "It is not as if Ada will lock him in the cellars to prevent him from going anywhere close to you."

"Can he do that?" Her eyes widened at the possibility, although she knew her brother was simply playing with her. She knew the Elvenking would not even think of doing such a thing.

Legolas laughed again, his eyes seeming to tease her as he twirled her around once more. He shook his head lightly at her and she could not help but smile. She caught sight of Tadion joining in the waltz, flawlessly leading a fair looking dark haired lady who looked as if she could not believe her luck. She tried her best to suppress a chuckle at the lady who seemed to be having the time of her life as she danced with the Prince of Mirkwood.

Her eyes searched again through the room, watching over the crowds of elves walking around, or simply sitting and conversing with one another as the music softly played in the joyful air. She noticed Arahaelon and Lossenel sitting on a table somewhat to the back of the room, talking softly.

As if he had felt her staring at him, the Crown Princes' impenetrable green eyes turned in her direction, catching hers in that deep and powerful emerald stare. He smiled at her as he stared, one hand softly waving in her direction, the movement so faint and effortless. She smiled in return, looking away after that, embarrassed to have been caught staring.

She chose instead to focus her eyes on the younger twins' handsome figure as he made his way to where Lossenel sat. She saw Elrohir offer his hand to her, and the snowy Princess accepted it with a light laugh, saying something to Arahaelon before allowing Elrohir to lead to the dance floor.

She risked another look at the Crown Prince, letting out a breath as she found he was no longer gazing in her direction. He looked incredibly royal, everything about him seemed flawless and serene, his face perfectly relaxed. She saw his unreadable emerald eyes sweep through the dancing elves, but he made no attempt to move from his peaceful spot, casually overlooking the hall. Some seconds later a tall blond elf came to take the seat Lossenel had recently vacated, and Arahaelon turned to look in his direction, easily starting another conversation.

"Does he not dance?" She nodded in the direction of the Crown Prince, her eyes falling once again on Legolas' infinite blue ones.

"Who? Arahaelon?" He said as he turned his face in the direction she had indicated. She nodded her head as a response, Elrohir and Lossenel twirling past her peripheral vision.

"Yes, of course he does." Legolas' voice sounded casual, as if the subject was of little importance. "I would say he is the best dancer out of us."

She turned her eyes to glance at the Crown Prince once again, only to find him still talking calmly with the blond elf she did not know. Arahaelon smiled softly as he spoke, his impenetrable eyes coated with their usual serene lightness, polite and elegant, without letting any single emotion or thought break through the sealed emerald surface. His expression remained as mysterious as ever, but she could make out that he had no intention in joining the dance.