True or False

Tadion's words echoed in her head over and over again, her brain not seeming willing to believe them. She had not even noticed that she was now sitting up straight on the couch, her hand still held securely in Elladan's as one of his strong arms remained wrapped around her protectively.

The air seemed frozen, haunted, the words floating like ghosts in the now cold and empty sunlight that filled the room. The sun had already risen high in the horizon, but it felt as if the day had not yet come. She could see Legolas' infinite blue eyes staring deeply into his brother's, his brow furrowed in worry. She did not know what to do, what to say. Everything felt so unreal.

"I simply cannot understand this." Legolas said finally, throwing himself on one of the empty cushioned seats that furnished the elegant study. His voice sounded desperate, hopeless, and at the same time she could hear the faint edge of rage in the musical sound. Silence fell once again across the room, but she could tell that the same thoughts ran inside all of their minds.

"What does Ada think?" Legolas' infinite blue eyes turned up to meet his brother's equal pair, blue meeting blue in a long silent stare.

"I have not spoken to him." Tadion's voice was quiet, thoughtful, his clear blue eyes looking as worried and alert as his youngest brother's. "But I saw it on his face. He is not a fool. He easily made the connections between the attacks."

"I will go see Arahaelon." Tadion sighed as he closed his eyes for a brief moment. "I cannot stand here doing nothing."

"I will go with you." She was surprised to hear her steady voice echoing through the room. It seemed as if her voice had spoken her thoughts before her mind could process them.

Tadion's clear blue eyes turned in her direction, drowning her in their infinitudes, cautious and contemplative, as if considering what she had said. For a moment she thought that he would oppose to her request, but he merely nodded his head slowly, his eyes never leaving hers.

She could feel Elladan's silver eyes staring at her silently, but he did not say anything. Instead she felt his hand giving hers a gentle squeeze. She could tell her brothers' eyes were carefully analyzing her, as if trying to make sure that she was indeed feeling better. She could easily see the concern in their equally blue eyes, but at the moment, all she could think of was her sudden need to at least offer her company to the Crown Prince. She felt useless, and it seemed like the only thing she could do to help.

And yet, there was a part of her that simply needed to know what was happening, or if anyone knew what was happening. She knew basically nothing. No one had told hear anything. The only thing she knew was the short explanation about her powers that her father had given her only a couple of days ago. It was infuriating. And still, she knew she would not ask the Crown Prince anything at the moment. She would not dare to do so until he was at least fully healed.

"I will also go." She heard Legolas saying softly as he rose to his feet, his eyes looking pained and worried.

She slowly rose to her feet, Elladan doing the same next to her, his arm still wrapped around her waist. He turned to face her, and she let herself free fall into his endless silver eyes, the eyes that had become the center of her attention.

"I will go check on Elrohir. I need to speak with him. Let me know if you need anything, I do not care what it is." Elladan's sweet voice danced inside her head as he gave her hand another gentle squeeze. She could see in his liquid silver eyes that he was still worried about her, but he could also feel through their bond that she was feeling better.

"I will." She promised, trying to sound as reassuring as she could, her voice filled with transparent honesty. She could tell that he did not want to let go of her, but he could also feel her need to make sure that her oldest brother was all right, and that she would be safe with her two brothers by her side.