Dead End

Everyone reacted immediately. Their time was running up. She could feel her heart starting to race inside her chest, every single beat a second they had already lost. The door was thrown open once more and she nearly jumped in surprise, calming down only as she saw the younger twin rushing towards his mirror image. By the look on his alert silver eyes, she could tell that Elrohir already knew everything that had taken place in his absence. The twins locked eyes for a second, silver meeting silver in a silent conversation in which she could not participate.

"Let us get everything ready as soon as we can." Legolas said a he nearly jumped to his feet, quickly making his way towards the door, Tadion following closely behind. Arahaelon attempted to rise from the couch but Tadion immediately stopped him with a gentle hand.

"Stay there. I will bring your things, Ar. Yours too, Lossie." Tadion's clear blue eyes turned to his sister for a moment, before returning to meet his eldest brother's penetrating green eyes. The Crown Prince nodded his head, looking slightly relieved to be spared the task of walking back to his chambers.

"Is your sword in its usual place?" Tadion continued in his gentle voice, receiving another nod from Arahaelon. "Your bow?" Another nod. "Your-"

"Tadion!" Legolas interrupted from the door in an impatient tone. He looked exasperated with his brother, and at the same times his lips twitched in a smirk as his infinite blue eyes stared into his elder brother's equal pair. "Everything is in its place. Arahaelon's chambers are not your chambers. Move it."

Tadion's sparkling blue eyes widened are he turned to face his younger brother, his mouth opened in mocked offence, yet fighting back a smile, as if he could not believe his younger brother was calling him out. Nonetheless, Tadion rose to his feet and quickly walked to where Legolas waited, narrowing his eyes at his younger brother. Lossenel's laughter floated in the haunted air, the sound like tiny silver bells dancing delicately around her.

"What exactly are you implying?" She could not contain a smile as she heard Tadion asking Legolas as they exited the room, the door closing before she could hear an answer.

Beside her, both of the twins were already securing their long dark blue cloaks over their shoulders, and for the first time she noticed that Elrohir had brought both his and his twins belongings with him. She simply stood there for a moment, unmoving. She knew she needed to get ready, but it felt as if her body denied her request, not willing to accept the situation.

On the couch, the Crown Prince sat leaning against the pillow behind his back, eyes once again closed in exhaustion, making her question whether or not he had fallen asleep. His right cheek was still an angry pink, marking the place Lossenel's hand had slapped him, but he did not seem to be aware of that any longer. The snowy Princess sat next to him, and opposite to her brother, she did look very much aware of the mark on his cheek. Her stunning ice colored eyes seemed dulled, a shadowing shame and remorse burying their usual light as she stared emptily at her hands neatly folded on her lap. Her guilt stricken eyes gazed up to her brother, the back of her fingers gently and hesitantly caressing his pink cheek, barely even touching him at all.

She felt slender fingers carefully placing a fine velvet cloak over her shoulders from behind, and her lips curved up in a smile as she immediately knew who it was. She turned around to face Elladan as he gently clasped her pale green cloak at her chest. It was the cloak he had gifted her, and the pin the one that had once belonged to him. Liquid silver eyes fell on hers, drowning her in the endless expansions and she felt him reaching to her through their bond, sending waves of calmness in her direction. His hands tenderly slid down her shoulders, perfectly straightening the cloak before his hands reached hers, allowing her to entwine her fingers with his.