Beach

Happy birthday raceya.

I mean it this time, no new chapter for this story until I get closer to finishing the other story. So enjoy this for a while.

But thank the birthday person for this chapter.

-

2019 - A Year Later

Five year old Lauren ran. She ran as fast as her little legs allowed her. She was close. Really close. Just a few more steps and she'd make it.

Freedom.

She was about to make it when she was swept off her feet. "No," Lauren whined, pouting. She sighed, as she watched the water get further away.

"You can't go into the water alone Lo, we told you," Dinah said, looking at the pouting girl.

"I-I wan'" Lauren muttered, slumping against Dinah.

"In a minute, with your sisters."

Dinah carried the five year old back to the others. Normani, Camila and Ally were building a sand castle when Lauren ran off. Ally had sent Dinah after her, before the little girl made it to the water.

"You caught her," Ally said, looking at Lauren.

"Mama, Mommy f-fas'."

"Yeah she is," Ally said, grinning

Lauren's speech had improved greatly in the last year. She was still learning sign language, but was verbally communicating with them. Although Lauren did have a little stutter in her speech, she was talking a lot more. Ms. Kelly was trying to work with Lauren on get rid of her stutter.

Dinah placed Lauren on the ground. The little girl knew she wouldn't make it to the water, so she decided to see what her mothers brought for snacks. She opened the bag and looked through the stuff.

Lauren inwardly fist pumped when she saw a bag of cheetos. She grabbed it and sat down. She reached into the bag and started to eat the cheetos.

She watched as her sisters and mothers created a sand castle. She shoved a cheeto in her mouth while she watched them. She looked over to see Leo sunbathing. He was asleep under the sun.

"Mama, Leo sl-sleepin'," Lauren said, grabbing another cheeto.

Ally looked over and smiled. "Yeah, he got tired of chasing you around."

"Hmm," Lauren hummed, looking down at her cheetos.

She got bored of eating cheetos and decided to sleep under the umbrella her mothers got. She curled up on the blanket. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

-

Camila grinned as she continued to make a moat. She had been given the job to create the moat to protect the castle. Camila looked up to see Lauren asleep.

"Mama, Lolo is sleeping," Camila said, pointing to the little girl who was out.

Ally stood up and walked up to Lauren, who was curled up. She sat down next to her and kept her company while Dinah took her place.

"Mommy, look," Camila said, proud of her moat.

Dinah looked at it and grinned. "That is really good Mila. Soon, we'll get some water."

"Can we play in the water?" Normani asked, looking up from the wall she building.

Dinah nodded her head. "Yeah, we'll even wake Lauren up for that."