Case

I'm not knowledgable with the law. I don't know much about adoption. I'm just a kid myself. With that said, onward to the story!

(If you want to listen to a song while reading this, I suggest Second Chance by Blake Neely, I listened to that song on repeat while I wrote this.)

-

"Selena, what are you doing here?" Dinah asked in shock, a frown her face. She kept her voice low, not wanting to wake Lauren up who was napping on the couch.

"Hi Dinah, can't say I'm just visiting."

"I'm surprised you're even here. Lauren and Normani aren't children of the state anymore," Ally told her, a frown on her face.

Selena sighed. She looked at Lauren. "Can we talk in the kitchen?"

Dinah and Ally exchanged looks, nodding their head. They lead Selena to the kitchen.

"Why are you here Selena?"

"Clara and Mike Jauregui want to take Lauren back," Selena said, looking at the two mothers.

"They can't right? We adopted Lauren, she's our daughter."

"They gave up the right to call her theirs when she was born. They can't take her back unless they can proved that you two are unfit parents. And you're not. Judge Hargitay has made it so any case involving Lauren and Camila, whose parents are still around, has to go through her. And when she sees how much Lauren has improved in your care, there is no way she will let her leave."

Ally sighed. "Why now? Why not when Lauren was with her abusive foster parents?"

Selena shrugged. "I don't know."

"Do you think this will go to court?" Ally asked, a frown on her face.

Selena shook her head. "It shouldn't. You're not unfit parents. Legally, you are Lauren's parents. Everything was done by the law, so you shouldn't go to court with this."

"What do we do?"

"I know a good lawyer. I'll give him a call. But I know Judge Hargitay is on your side. You'll be fine."

"Lets hope this ends well," Dinah whispered.

"Mama?"

Dinah and Ally turned, to see Lauren standing at the doorway, rubbing her eyes.

"Are you hungry?" Dinah asked, picking the girl up.

Lauren shook her head. "W-wan' c-cuddles."

Dinah smiled as Lauren made herself comfortable and fell back asleep.

"I think we owe it to Lauren to meet them, in case she ever wonders," Ally said, looking at the girl.

Dinah nodded, smiling.

Selena looked at the girl. "You won't lose her."

-

Camila, Normani and Lauren were on the couch. They were confused as to why they were sitting there.

"You guys know you're adopted, right?" Ally started, looking at her three kids.

Normani nodded her head. "Yes, you wanted us."

"Yeah, we wanted you. But we aren't your real parents," Dinah said softly.

Lauren shook her head. "'ea-eal."

Ally felt tears well up in her eye. "We are your real parents. We'll always be your real parents."

"Your birth parents, you had mommies and daddies before us," Dinah whispered, smiling.