Fear

Enjoy this chapter.

-

"C'mon," Dinah said, helping Lauren's backpack onto her.

"Wh-where?" Lauren asked, looking up at her mother.

"You're all going to work with us," Dinah said, putting on Lauren's hood.

"Mommy, I b-bear," Lauren said, showing her mother her paws.

Lauren loved her bear pajamas, and when she grew out of them, Lauren broke down. Her mothers bought her a new one, and Lauren became the happiest little bear ever.

Dinah smiled at her. "You better not eat me, promise?"

"P'omise," Lauren said, nodding her head.

"Okay, go say go get Leo's vest, yeah?"

Lauren ran off to get Leo's vest. She stood up and turned to Ally. "She'll be okay at work right?"

Ally nodded her head. "Security won't let them in. We'll be okay," Ally said, tying Camila's shoes.

"We're going to see Uncle Simon?" Camila asked, watching her mother.

"Yeah, he misses you monkeys," Dinah said, before calling out, "Normani, Lauren, Leo, let's go!"

Eight pairs of feet ran to the front. Normani ran straight to Dinah's legs. Lauren just chased Leo around, giggling.

"Leo!"

"I'll help Lolo!" Camila shouted, jumping off the couch. Ally hadn't finished tying her shoes.

Camila took one step, and ended up face first onto the ground.

The girl's mothers stopped, their eyes wide.

Camila pushed herself up, "Leo!"

And the Great Leo Chase of 2019 began.

-

"Uncle Simon!" Camila shouted, waving at the British man.

"Little Camila, Normani, Lauren, Nala," Simon said, walking up to the family. "I see you brought Leo."

The dog barked from Lauren's side.

Lauren giggled, petting the dog. "Leo, 'oo-'ood b-boy."

"Is he protecting you Lauren?" Simon asked, crouching down.

Lauren nodded her head. "Yes, Leo p-po, h-he, uh-"

"Protect," Normani whispered, smiling.

"P-p'otect m-me," Lauren said, nodding her head.

"That's good. But I have some cookies I don't know what to do with. I don't want them," he said, frowning.

"We have them?" Camila asked, pouting.

Simon seemed to think about it. "I think that's a great idea."

Lauren giggled, "'oo-'ookies," Lauren whispered, nodding her head. "Leo t-too?"

Simon nodded his head. "We have some treats left from last time."

Lauren gave Leo a pet.

"Go to my office, the cookies are there," he said, pointing to his office behind him.

Normani and Camila ran inside. Lauren picked Leo up and ran inside.

"Thank you for letting us bring them," Dinah said, pointing to the three girls.

Simon shook her head. "I love those little girls. If bringing them here keeps them safe, then bring them anytime."

Ally nodded her head. Simon owned a recording studio. Ally and Dinah had been around the beginning. Ally dealt with the legal part of the company. Dinah helped with the producers, and even produced for some artists. Simon didn't treat Ally and Dinah like regular employees. They were equals to him.