Outlet

New Chapter. Lots of new characters. About 12 to be exact.

Enjoy guys.

-

Lauren's head was on Dinah's collarbone. She was holding Nala close. Sound canceling headphones on to keep the noise out. Her eyes were closed, asleep.

Normani and Camila were looking around in awe.

The family of five had gone to a science center.

Normani and Camila were trying any and every thing they could.

"Mama, I live here," Normani said, looking down at experiment in front of her.

Ally placed her hand on Normani's back. "You don't want to go home with us?"

Normani pouted. "I like this place. It's so cool."

Camila nodded her head. "Yes, so cool."

Ally rolled her eyes. "C'mon, let's go get some ice cream."

"B-but we haven't seen everything," Normani said, looking devastated.

"We aren't leaving. We are just taking a small break. Get some lunch and ice cream. We'll continue the second we are done."

Normani sighed but nodded. "Okay."

They left the building and found the closest ice cream stand.

Lauren was woken up and was eating her ice cream without a care in the world.

Normani was looking around while she ate her ice cream, before freezing. Ally looked at what she was staring at. Normani was staring at a couple with three kids. They were walking their direction (but not towards them).

Normani gasped when she made eye contact with the woman.

"Normani? Normani Hamilton?"

Normani inched closer to Ally, not answering.

"Who are you?" Ally asked, putting a protective arm around her eldest daughter.

The couple looked at each other. "We're the Smiths. We fostered Normani a few years ago."

Dinah tensed up, glaring at couple.

"Who are you?" Mrs. Smith asked, looking at Ally and Dinah.

"We're Normani's mothers," Dinah snapped, getting Camila and Lauren's attention.

"You took her in?" Mr. Smith asked, her eyes wide, "That's nice."

"At least we don't give them up because of who they are," Dinah muttered.

"We couldn't keep her, you know her kind. It's a matter of time before she becomes a thug," Mrs. Smith said, dismissively.

Normani whimpered. She reached up and rubbed her eyes.

Lauren frowned. "Manibear?"

Normani didn't answer, but a tear slipped down her face.

"Listen here you-"

Ally placed her hand on Dinah's shoulder, calming her down.

Mrs. Smith was about to respond when a small handful of ice cream hit her face.

Everyone froze, except Normani, who was silently crying.

Ally turned to Camila, to tell her that was wrong, but it wasn't Camila.

She looked over to see Lauren glaring at the lady. She was about to throw her whole cone, but Ally stopped her.

"Lauren!"