Jacket

This chapter went through three title changes. Anyways, enjoy you guys.

-

Death. She just wanted to be left to die. She didn't know what that meant, but she knew she wanted it.

Her body hurt. Her eyes stared at top of the chest she was in. Her clothes were sticky.

Lauren could feel her stomach rumble for food. She just turned to her side and curled up.

She didn't want to live anymore.

-

Camila stared at Leo, who was searching for Lauren. He had been brought home three days before, the day after her breakdown in class. The dog kept looking for the small human he was supposed to be protecting.

Camila grabbed the pillow the threw it at the dog. He yelped and turned to her.

"Stupid dog," Camila snapped, glaring at him.

Leo just tilted his head.

"You're s'pose to protect Lolo!"

The dog barked.

Camila shook her head. "Stupid dog."

-

"It's all falling apart," Ally whispered, feeling Dinah's arms around her.

"I know."

"I'm scared we won't get her back."

"We will."

"Stop saying that!"

Dinah sighed. "Ally, we have to believe. We have to believe that Lauren is going to come back."

"What if they hurt her? What if they-"

"We can't think like that," Dinah told her, pulling her close. "We can't think the worse."

Ally didn't respond. She just started to cry. Dinah closed her eyes, rocking her wife.

-

Normani laid on Lauren's bed. Nala was pressed against her body. Her eyes closed.

She couldn't sleep anywhere else. Sleeping on Lauren's bed was like being with her baby sister.

And that was all she wanted, to be back with her baby sister.

-

Lauren stared at the ground, while Clara prepared herself some lunch. The smell hit Lauren and the girl's eyes watered.

"You know what to do if you want to eat," Clara said, looking down at the girl.

Lauren just hung her head and walked to the corner, sitting there.

Two days before, Clara had take to punishing Lauren with making her watched as she ate. Lauren felt her stomach growl as she watched Clara eat. Lauren bit her lip, drawing blood, but she didn't care.

She found that it hurt, and it was distracting. Her hunger vanished as she gave the pain on her lip her attention.

"Stupid child," Clara said, standing up and throwing the remains of her food into the trashcan. She walked away.

Lauren waited a while before walking to the trashcan and digging the food out. (Clara and Mike knew she did that, as it was what she 'deserved'.)

She sat on the ground and slowly ate the food, not sure when would be the next time she had food.

-

It had been two weeks since the disappearance of Lauren Michelle Hernandez-Hansen. And many people were giving up. The police had searched the Jauregui home, and discovered the place empty. They had moved, and no one knew where they went. The police also kept surveillance on Clara and Michael's other two children, Christopher and Taylor, who had been adopted by another family.