Silver Darkness (2/10) - r

The thoughts about his own death made Silver furious

The thoughts about his own death made Silver furious. "You... danged creature!" He quickly formed and threw new lances at the demonic priest, and this time they pierced him since the demon was hardly paying any attention to surroundings.

The sudden pain forced him to release the grip, backing down, and taking the lances out demon's first priority. Silver gained time to catch a breath and making some distance between them.

He frowned, analyzing the behavior of his enemy. "It is just like a wild animal. It isn't thinking it only acts upon instinct," he mumbled to himself. That was good if not, he would be in big trouble. 'I have to finish this now!'

He concentrated all his energy in one ball. Shadow got rid of the last lance, not minding his body was turned into a pin cushion. However, it seemed Shadow had a fast and strong healing ability. It was something the young psychic hadn't come across in his whole career. 'I have to kill it in one strike!'

The demon sniffed and turned toward the exorcist. In Silver's hands was a small sparkling ball. The demonic priest roared, and his toe claws dug into the ground. The web of cracks spread meters away, disrupting the inscription that was slowly losing its power.

"Begone!" Silver shouted, firing the ball. The ball itself was small, but it was packed with pure condensed energy. The three-eyed demon roared and slashed the orb with his claws. The energy inside was shattered, exploding upon coming in contact with the demon. The psychic knelt, creating a pulsing shield, protecting himself from the shock wave.

The air shook, and many cracks appeared on the walls. It almost seemed the explosion could create a cave in, but Silver made sure to not be so careless. However, he was sure the people on the surface could experience very light earthquake if they noticed it at all.

Silver's amber eyes were focusing in front of himself. The ball was strong enough to rip any demon into shreds and spread the leftovers meters away. The echo of the explosion prevented him from hearing a thing, and the clouds of dust completely hidden the area around him. However, he was still sure he had got the demon this time as there was no movement even after ten seconds.

He lowered his shield, slowly standing up. "I have got—Ugh!" His body was suddenly pinned to the wall. The psychic's vision got blurry as he hit his head. On top of it, he saw flashing objects for a brief moment, and that didn't help him at all. He squinted his eyes, baring his teeth as the demon was in front of him.

Shadow was like the tallest of the mountains that came at him like the roughest of waves. He was an incarnation of the toughest of terrors and the darkest days of the mankind in one.

The young hedgehog felt shivers to run through his whole body, but he refused to give in. He gnawed on his lip to release his frustration. Silver grabbed the demonic arm with his psionic power, pushing it slightly back. He was tired, but his determination to fight back was stronger.