Silver Darkness (8.0/10) - r

Unbeknownst to them, there was another drama unfolding in the city

Unbeknownst to them, there was another drama unfolding in the city. It started many hours ago during the night and continued the whole day.

The silver exorcist had returned at the early dawn to his house and spent most of the morning in the cellar. It was a bit damp place, with cold walls and an echo, but they were the reason he also liked this house.

It had two underground floors. The first one was used for supplies, storage or there was a secret passage leading to catacombs. However, the best part started on the second floor.

It consisted of several rooms, and each was literally packed with binding seals of different strength, size, and use. That way, an exorcist could trap and interrogate any demon no matter what shape, size, and strength it had.

Silver, now wearing another casual set of clothes that looked identical to the previous one, wasn't trying to find some treat on the first floor, but he was in the lower one, leaning against the stone wall. His expression appeared emotionless, but there were hints of annoyance.

During the night he had captured one bulkier demon. He made sure to chain it properly to the ground, not letting it have the slightest room for movement.

That meant Crestia was pressed hard against the floor, lying on her stomach in the middle of a binding inscription. Her back was covered with numerous cuts as she was whipped for hours now, having thin streams of blood leaving the body forming puddles. The only two factors stating she was still alive were a vapor coming from her mouth and a death stare directed at her tormentor.

"I hate to admit it, but you are quite stubborn," Silver said in a thinking manner. "To be able to withstand so much torture and not to scream or spill the beans is truly praiseworthy." He stepped closer to her. "I wonder..." on the palm of his glove was a circle. He channeled psychic power into it, and a whip formed in his hand.

"... what makes you so."

He slashed her back. Yet again she just ground her teeth, drilling the claws into the ground, but no sound escaped her lips.

"Still fighting it? You make me curious, where is your limit? It surely can't be endless."

She pierced him with her eyes, growling.

"That's the spirit," he mocked her with a sadistic smile. "I promise, I will kill you fast. It will be completely painless. Just tell me where is the other demon." He gestured with the whip.

Her attempt to spit on him ended many centimeters from his foot.

The young psychic showed teeth, growling, "So that's your answer!"

The agent whipped her, not leaving a piece to be untouched. When he stopped, gasping for air, he noticed she was unconscious.

"Dang!" He hit the wall with a fist. "Why it's so stubborn!"