Silver Darkness (6/10) - r

"I

"I... I think..." Amy slowly spoke, but she stopped as the intense feeling of pain engulfed her. It wasn't just that, there was fear, loneliness, uncertainty, longing, and desire to be accepted.

She felt a gentle hand petting her quills. At that moment, her fear of the demon was completely gone. After a short while, she said, "I think he isn't such a bad person."

Sonic bit his tongue stopping the words. He didn't want to say something he would regret later.

Shadow frowned a bit in a thinking manner. "What makes you believe it? For your age, you are more mature than many adults believe to be, I can't imagine you would make a rash decision without thinking about it first."

Amy felt a bit insecure as the glowing woman was no longer near her. She only left Amy with a strange message. She had no idea how to word the woman's message, but this might be the right time to say, what she meant to say for a long time.

"I can see a person's soul."

"See person's soul?" repeated Sonic to ensure he heard it right.

She nodded, looking a bit ashamed or scared to talk about it. "As far as I remember, I could tell if the one in front of me was lying, hiding something, a bad or good person." Finally, her greatest secret was out.

The eyes were on Amy. She felt small, perhaps a bit dirty. It was a strange feeling. She knew she could trust them, but talking about this was still hard.

"So that's the reason why you believed me," Shadow noted, and she nodded with a smile. That explained quite a bit.

"But demon's don't have a soul. They are heartless monsters," the blue hedgehog objected.

"Well, theoretically yes, practically no one knows," admitted the priest. "Let's assume Amy can see a true personality rather than a soul. How would you describe this demon?" Shadow stepped aside.

Amy jerked in her mind. How? That was a good question. She no longer saw what she could with that glowing woman's touch. There were no souls inside of them, she could just tell if somebody was lying or not.

She squinted her eyes, focusing on the previous images. It all got blurry and unclear. It felt like a distant dream from a long time ago. She balled her fists as she concentrated.

Suddenly, a haze enveloped the demon's body. It was hardly visible, something like morning herpes. However, the colors were the same as before when her vision was clear.

She knew what each shade meant.

"He seems to be..." her words were silent, "lonely... scared, wanting to be accepted, childish... I think he is a child..." Amy had to take a short breather since her head became heavy all of sudden.

"Somehow... he seems... wanting... no, yearning for someone..." Her words were insecure like she didn't have confidence in them. She never put what she saw in others into words, she only learned to feel the meaning.