Hidden rose (3/6)

Her mother looked at her shocked and her husband wasn't any better, tho he hid it better. He was counting on the possibility of Amy declining, he didn't wish to push her hard into the marriage, but he didn't find anything unpleasing on Mr. Brian Earl. So her announcement came like from nowhere.

"Fufufu," laughed evilly Silver. "What part of the 'not take' you don't understand?" He took a sip, looking at angry Brian with ajar eyes.

The sokina merely frowned at him, turning his sight toward the young lady and asking: "Miss Amy, should I understand your statemented as announcing that this person is a fiance of your choice?" He... wasn't meaning it seriously, but he was unwilling letting some peasant annoy him.

The exorcist spat the tea, coughing. "Am I suicider?" he barked.

"What do you mean by that?!" shouted the pink maiden back stomping her foot and putting hands on hips.

"That I pity anyone, who would be stupid enough to date with you," he answered straight back. "My ears are still ringing not to mention you brought nothing than one disaster after another since I have met you!"

Her parents and Brian were dumbstruck hearing them. They never saw her daughter like that. On the other hand, Amy's friends were giggling or just showing big smiles. This was so much like her, but psychic's answer was priceless too.

"Amy, you should apologize," said Adeline. What was Mr. Brian Earl lacking she had refused him?

"But mother," she looked at her with a bit of guilt in her eyes. "I have apologized, I said it at the beginning."

"She's right," spoke up Sonic interrupting the adult pink hedgehog.

"And Mister Silver," Amy frowned but there was a mischievous spark in her eyes, "you only refused to listen to a reason so I had to be a bit radical."

The exorcist's mouth was twitching. "A bit radical?" he growled. "I'll feel annoyance for months just remembering it."

"Oh really," the pink young lady made cute pondering pose. "I thought adults know how to cope with such things properly."

The psychic's face was so sour. Gold patted his shoulder. "Give up, Silver, she got you." She was smiling, knowing this girl won't get lost in the vast world of adults. She was already headstrong.

The blue youngster burst out laughing while kicking legs. Shadow limited himself to a silent giggling, and the boy wasn't helping him to maintain it.

Silver let out a loud sigh, leaning back, burying himself in the soft sofa. "Man, I can't believe such impish child has such respectable parents." He lifted his head, slightly pointing at her. "After whom do you take for?" He was now smiling, showing he really had a respect for her.

"Amy, but I thought you like mister Brian?" her mother refused to take her decision seriously. "What is displeasing you?" Maybe her daughter was just trying to see how he will react to her fake refusal. 'That must be it!' she thought. 'She is just testing his temper.'

Her daughter slightly shook her head, indicating her silent wish wasn't heard out. "Mother, Mr. Earl is a nice person, he is honest, slightly too proud and maybe puts too much importance on his blood heritage." Brian wasn't sure if he should feel offended or not, but he had decided to wait what she had to say. "When I heard about you for the first time, I was angry and confused. I refused to talk about it with anyone, resulting in making trouble for many people."