Hidden rose (6/6)

While was Amy reconciling with her mother, everybody else gathered back in the lounge. The atmosphere was heavy since there was unnecessary outsider knowing their secret. Just saying the Rose family was connected with demons, would cause a big disaster. Their enemies wouldn't care they have an exceptional spiritualist in the family. Anything can be twisted if you try hard enough.

"Don't worry, I have no intention of telling anyone about this," he ensured them.

"How can we trust you?" asked Sonic. He didn't like the man since he first saw him. He looked like a snob full of himself. "You may say it just so we would let you go."

The young man slightly snorted. "I'm not a fool. The Rose family is an important business partner, their fall would affect my Earl family as well. Not to mention..." he smiled. "I'm now even more determinate to win miss Amy's heart."

"You what?!" the blue lad jumped on his seat, bristling and frowning.

"She can tame demons like nothing," he glanced at them and Crestia showed him a cheesy smile. He quickly looked away, "keep a cool head during a crisis and her will is strong, there is no more perfect partner for me than her." He nodded in Mr. Rose direction. "I have already decided my wife has to be a strong woman, capable of leading the company in my absence," he calmly explained.

"But Amy doesn't like you!!" the boy was almost causing a tantrum. Shadow was a bit at lost. He knew Sonic consider her as a friend and suddenly hearing she was supposed to have a wedding... it must have made him angry. They shared many adventures so he might be thinking he will never see her again.

"She is eleven," he started to observe the lad, "I myself wasn't thinking about starting family at that time either, but that will change as one matures. I still have a fair chance and I intend to use it the best way I can." He took a sip of tea. "So, who is miss Amy to you? Don't tell me you are in love with her." He meant that question to annoy that pesky kid. He doubted there was anything between them. The boy had no manners, was noisy, hot-headed and poor.

Sonic's face turned completely red. "A-Are you stupid!! She is terrible!" He jumped, standing on his seat, clenching fists. "She never listens and is causing just trouble!! B-But I'm not letting some old geezer trick her into a marriage!!"

"For the last time, I'm. Not. Old!!" the sokina growled.

The blue boy only stuck his tongue out.

"That's enough," rebuked him Shadow. "I understand you are not pleased with Amy having a fiance, but that doesn't excuse your behavior." The blue ears drooped and the tips were a bit red. The boy sat back. "I know you care for her, she is an important friend after all." He patted the azure quills. "Let her decide who she wants as her husband."

"Poor fella," commented it Silver nonchalantly drinking his tea. He was the whole time enjoying it as both parties were getting on each other's nerve.

Mr. Earl looked around, giving everyone a quick glance. "Putting demons aside, I can assume, you are not an ordinary people either, right?"

The exorcist was about the brag, but Gold stopped him by strongly nudging him in ribs to his utter annoyance. "I and Silver are special agents of The Order. Our task is to deal with supernatural stuff."

"I'm a priest," clarified himself Shadow and continued: "I'm a demon as well." Tho it was hard to say it, he didn't want to hide it in front of Amy's father and this man got involved too. The shock was clearly seen. "I'm afraid I can't go into the details, but I'll tell you there is a seal on my body hiding my true form." He rather left the cross out.