✩One✩

"Hey mike," You said sitting down. You had known mike ever since you were little. You two were never particularly close but he was your lab partner and a nice kid so you had no reason to not be friendly to him. But he sat in silence not replying. He used to at least say hello back but today, nothing.  You didn't know what his problem was but he ignored you in general so you didn't overthink it too much.

"That homework was really rough, huh?" You continued. Still, nothing. "I had to stay up really late to finish it but I'm glad I got it done..." You trailed off towards the end, giving up on any hope of discussion. Mr.Clarke came in from the hall and began the lesson.

The class was spent talking about semi permeable, osmosis. something rather... you were doodling for most of class so the bell startled you. Mike packs up painfully slow as usual  because he stays a while to hang out with his AV club. You sigh packing up your things. Slinging your bag over your shoulder you head to your locker.

You walked quickly from your locker to lunch, gripping your lunch box handle tightly. Once you arrived in the lunch room you saw Greg waving you over. He was really close with Troy but otherwise he wasn't so awful, or he had a thing for you, you couldn't tell. He wasn't a bad looking kid he just wasn't your type. You sat down across from him and next to Jennifer and started to unpacked your lunch. Greg and Troy started bickering over nothing and you let the sounds distract you from your thoughts.

Looking over Greg's shoulder you saw Mike and his friends walk into the lunch room close to twenty minutes late. Dustin and Lucas, they were nice kids too. There was usually another boy with them...Will? I think? You lean over and whisper to Jennifer:

"Have you seen Will today?"

She pokes around at her mashed potatoes. "Byers? Not since I saw him biking home around quarter to 4  yesterday afternoon..." She looks up at me wide eyed "I mean n-no! I haven't....n-not...recently.."

"Oooh does Jenny have a cruuuush," I say teasing her and hitting her playfully.

"Say that too loud and I'll crush you, you hear me?" she said through a mouth full of potatoes. You smiled taking a bite of your sandwich, you couldn't help but continue to watch the boys, they were speaking in incredibly hushed tones. You bit your lip and scarfed down your lunch quickly and walked over to the trash can, which was by the door and close to the boy's table.

"...just not look for him? are you joking?" You heard Dustin whisper shout to the other boys before getting shushed.

"The police are handling it don't worry..." Lucas said nibbling on a carrot stick. Mike was saying something but you were too far past at that point to make out any of it. You sat back down at your seat looking at Jennifer.

"I think Will is missing."