✩Six✩

The next day before school everyone went to Mike's house except now that Mike had a say you weren't invited. Rather, you were invited but then distinctly un invited by Mike himself. So you just biked to school by yourself that day.

"Hi Mike." You said as he sat down next to you in biology. He was silent. The thing was with mike, he had no problem talking during class wether it was participation or with the other kids around him. Just you.

The bell rang for lunch.

When you entered the lunch room alone you looked around. Greg, who was looking at you when you walked in, upon eye contact averted his eyes. You walked over to his table and someone put their lunchbox in the only empty seat.

"Is anyone sitting there?" You asked them.

"No." They replied.

"Can I sit there?"

"No."

You sighed walking towards Lucas and Dustin but as soon as you got close Mike sat down and gave you a dirty look. You felt tears well up behind your eyes and changed course to an empty table. You sat there picking at you lunch, hardly hungry. You could hear the mutters around you. People were looking at you, pointing and whispering. Great just great. You were pinching the bridge of your nose trying to keep from crying. The whispers were getting too much. You stood up abruptly causing the lunchroom to go silent. And you walked calmly to the door, past Mike and his friends, your red cheeks visible to everyone. You pushed the door open and turned the corner and began to sob, sinking to the ground and pulling up your knees. You buried your face in them. You heard the door from the cafeteria open again and the sounds from inside momentarily poured out into the hallway. The sounds became muffled again as the door closed.

"Y/n..." You heard a voice say. You looked up to see Mike standing in front of you. He slowly sat down in front of you. "A-are you okay?" You raise your eyebrows at him showing off how puffy your eyes were and give him some sarcastic jazz hands and a sniff,

"Just dandy, Wheeler." His gaze sank.

"I-I'm sorry, that was a dumb question, I'm so dumb, I'm so sorry, god I'm so-"

You gave Mike a small smile, he blushed. "Y'know Wheeler, this is the most you've talked to me in years."

He laughed a little and smiled scratching the back of his head. His smile is amazing.

"I-I know," he stuttered, "I'm sorry about that..." He trailed off. He checked his wrist but there was no watch there. "Crap, I gave my watch to El this morning...hold on!" He ran around a corner, presumably to find a wall clock and was soon back in front of me, "C'mon the bell is gonna ring soon." He stuck out both of his hands and you grabbed them. His hands were soft but strong. He helped you up to your feet, "Can I walk you to your next class?" He asked still holding your hands. You nodded, he let go of your hands and scratched his head again blushing. He stuck out his arm gesturing down the hallway,

"Shall we?"