✩Twelve✩

"I just, I can't believe she didn't come back." Mike said pacing around the room. You sat on the couch watching him.

"She's gotta be close." Dustin pointed out.

"She said it wasn't safe, She just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us, she didn't betray us!"

"Mike, calm down."

"I shouldn't have yelled at her. I never should've done that."

"Mike, this isn't your fault." You chimed in.

"Heh, yeah it's Lucas'." Mike said with a snicker.

"It wasn't his fault either." Dustin said. Mike stopped pacing.

"It wasn't his fault?" Mike turned to Dustin with an accusatory look on his face.

"No!" Dustin exclaimed.

"So you're saying he wasn't way out of line?"

"Well totally but so were you!"

"What?!"

"And Eleven."

"Oh give me a break!" Mike looked at you while saying this clearly looking for back up. You shook your head,

"Nope, I wasn't there when it happened I'm not taking sides."

"See?! Y/n is a reasonable person! All three of you were being a bunch of little ass holes, I was the only reasonable one. But the bottom line is...you pushed first."

The argument continued on like this for a while, mike did not want to apologize to Lucas even though he was the one in the wrong. You sighed. Boys are so dramatic. Soon the boys were moving around the room, Dustin tossed Mike his bag.

"We're going to get Lucas" Dustin said defiantly. You stood up looking around.

"I-I don't have my bike or my bag or my jacket..." You rambled. Mike tossed you his tan jacket,

"Take mine, and you can ride on my bike with me." He threw on his green  jacket while saying this and stepped out the basement door with Dustin on his heels leaving you in the basement to catch up.

When you got up to the driveway mike was already in his bike, "Hop on!" He yelled, you ran up and jumped on the back of his bike seat. When you got on you put your hands on his shoulders for stability.

"Y/n, you know you'll fall off if you keep your hands there." You hesitated for a moment before moving your hands to be wrapped around his waist, "hold on tight." He pedaled after Dustin in an attempt to catch up with the boy who had already left the driveway.

Lucas lived relatively close to Mike so the ride wasn't a long one, you all ditched the bikes in the front lawn and made your way up to the front door and rang the doorbell.

Ding dong~

The sound of someone fumbling with a door lock was audible from within the house before the door opened revealing Lucas standing in the doorframe.

"What do you want?" He said with a sigh. The boys all sat in silence for a moment. Seeing that this was going nowhere  Dustin smacked Mike in the arm. Mike sighed.

"I drew first blood so..." he stuck out his hand for Lucas to shake it. Lucas looked at the hand, up at Mike, and back down at the hand before receding back into the house, we followed not sure what else to do. Lucas began pacing just as Mike was earlier. You stood in silence and watched but then he stopped

"Okay. I'll shake," Lucas said. Mike stuck out his hand again, "On one condition: we forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate."

"Then the deal's off!" Mike yelled taking a step at The other boy.

"Fine!"

"Fine!" They both agreed.

"No, no not fine!" Dustin exclaimed, "Guys seriously?! We stick together no matter what!"

"Yeah," Lucas said "I agree. But this is the party, right here in this room." Lucas paused and looked at you. "You didn't even want y/n here in the first place and she's been more of a help than the weirdo ever was!"

"El is one of us now!" Mike defended.

"Um- no! She's not!" Lucas said. "Not even close! Never will be. She's a liar, a traitor-"

"She was just trying to keep us safe!" Mike interjected. "She didn't mean to hurt you it was an accident." Lucas sighed.

"Look, I'm not spending my time on her anymore, if you wanna look for her, fine. I'm going to the gate." He pushed past the two boys and looked at you. He shook his head and kept walking. He walked out the door grabbing his coat and then he was gone. Dustin looked between you and Mike,

"Well that could've gone better."