✩Seventeen✩

Mike, are you there? Mike~

The sound came from the walkie talkie in Mike's bag. You were closer so you unzipped his bag, rummaged around for a minute, grabbed it and handed it to him.

Mike it's me Nancy~

"Aren't you going to pick up?" You asked. Mike put the radio up to his ear for a moment and opened his moth as if to say something but then he just held it in his hands and stared at it. The whole group huddled around it.

This is an emergency Mike. Do you copy~

Lucas reached for the radio but Mike didn't let go.

"Don't answer." He said.

"Mike she said it was an emergency!" You exclaimed, "pick up!"

"What if it's a trick?" He questioned, "what if the bad men kidnapped her? What if they're forcing her to say this?"

Mike I need you to answer~

"It's like Lando Calrissian. Don't answer." Dustin said frantically.

"Are you stupid, Dustin? This isn't at all like Lando Calrissian. Gimme that." You reached for the radio but mike held you off.

We need to know that you're there, Mike~

The voice on the radio changed;

Listen, kid, this is the chief. If you're there, pick up. We know you're in trouble and we know about the girl~

The boys muttered a bit at this:
"Why's she with the chief?"
"How does he know about El?"

We can protect you, we can help you, but you gotta pick up. Are you there? Do you copy? Over~

Everyone sat in silence for a moment. You watched Mike loosen his grip on the walkie and you grabbed it from him and fumbled with the button.

"Yeah, we copy." You spoke clearly into the microphone. Mike peeked over your shoulder. Speaking into the microphone as well as he placed his hand on yours around the back of it.

"It's Mike. I'm here too."