✩Twenty✩

Everyone was huddled around the Byers' dining room table. El was at the head, sitting with her eyes closed in front of one of the boys' radios. The lamp began to flicker which made you jump. Lucas looked at you and smiled. Is that a 'oh wow she just jumped at a light flickering, I feel bad for her' smile? Or a 'I jumped too don't feel bad' smile? You decided to not I've think it too much and just smiled back before re-directing your attention to El. She opened her eyes and sat for a minute before looking to Mrs.Byers.

"I'm sorry." She said solemnly.

"What?" Mrs. Byes stuttered, "what's wrong? What happened?"

"I can't find them..." tears started to run down Eleven's cheeks. You bit your lip. The girl rushed out of the room into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Leaving the rest of you in the dining room.

"Whenever she uses her powers, she gets weak." Mike said leaning over the table.

"The more energy she uses, the more tired she gets." Dustin added.

"Like she flipped the van earlier—" Lucas said.

"It was awesome." Dustin butted in.

"But she's drained—" Mike said nodding.

"Like a..." Dustin trailed off searching for the right word.

"Like a bad battery?" You suggested.

"Yeah, exactly."

"So then how do we make her better?" Mrs. Byers asked.

"We don't. We just have to wait and try again." Mike said with a shrug.

"How long do we have to wait?" Nancy inquired.

"We don't know." You said looking at the ground.

"The bath." A voice said from the hall behind you. Everyone turned to look. It was Eleven.

"What?" Mrs.Byers asked.

"I can find them. In the bath." She elaborated.

"Like a normal bath?" Johnathan questioned.

"A bath where I float."

"Oh! Like a...oh shoot what are those called a...uh...oh! Yeah, a sensory deprivation tank! I read about them once." You exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah, yeah! Okay cool! How do we make one?" Mike asked.

"I don't remember..." you trailed off.

"You know who would know?" Lucas said.

"Who?"

"Mr. Clarke."